babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Pure Upgrades - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Pure Upgrades (/Thread-Pure-Upgrades)

Pages: 1 2

Pure Upgrades - oraclejon - 05-01-2012 02:28pm

I'm taking delivery of an OG Pure eD4 in March and i'm interested in what other owners have achieved with body modifciations. I've seen WB has replaced the Grill at minimal cost (also in Mods section) but what have others achieved?

Ideally i'd like to do the same with the grill, replace the front and rear bumpers and side skirts to basically get rid of the awful mat black "equator" that surrounds the lower quarter of the Pure models.

ps...Before anyone asks why i'm going for a Pure if i want to change the bodystyling...its down to cost! Obviously wont be doing it though if these mods cost a fortune with parts/spraying etc but a few hundred £ is do-able.

Cheers,
Jon Smile

RE: Pure Upgrades - pureevoque - 05-01-2012 02:33pm

keep an eye out here;

http://www.powerfuluk.com/categorylist/range-rover-evoque/

Also SW6RR has done it with original parts, but it doesn't come cheap!

http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-1778.html?highlight=presnamic

RE: Pure Upgrades - SW6RR - 05-01-2012 02:39pm

Yes - doing it "by the book" with original parts is pretty expensive - probably not the option to go for if you're trying to keep costs down.

Colour-coding the standard Pure side skirts and bumpers would obviously be the cheaper compromise.

RE: Pure Upgrades - oraclejon - 05-01-2012 02:45pm

Cheers both.

Would colour coding the original bumpers give a good colour match with the different materials?

RE: Pure Upgrades - pureevoque - 05-01-2012 02:52pm

sure, with a good bodyshop, they're different materials anyway with Dynamic

RE: Pure Upgrades - WB - 05-01-2012 02:52pm

Here is an example showing what looks like a very high quality colour code: http://babyrr.com/forum/thread-2543.html

Don't forget that some of the Evoque body panels and hte Dynamic bumpers are plastic so colour matching shouldn't be an issue.

There are others too like the Startech Evqoue which I think has a better front bumper look than the KAHN.

I heard from one dealer that they charged some poor guy £6000!!! for front and rear Dynamic bumpers, an exhaust swap and the side pieces on the doors. About £1300 parts and the rest for paint and labour!! Unbelievable!

I'll probably be doing some colour coding but haven't decided what to do yet.

RE: Pure Upgrades - oraclejon - 05-01-2012 03:20pm

Cheers WB, I will be keen to see any progress you make with colour matching as we both have OG.

RE: Pure Upgrades - WB - 05-01-2012 04:24pm

(05-01-2012 03:20pm)oraclejon Wrote:  Cheers WB, I will be keen to see any progress you make with colour matching as we both have OG.

My favoured option so far is on the H&R Evoque for the front bumper - I like the black strip continuing down the bumper besides the bull bars. I don't think I'll colour code the black plastic on the wheel arches or the very bottom section on the door sills.

RE: Pure Upgrades - jos - 05-01-2012 05:10pm

(05-01-2012 04:24pm)WB Wrote:  My favoured option so far is on the H&R Evoque for the front bumper - I like the black strip continuing down the bumper besides the bull bars. I don't think I'll colour code the black plastic on the wheel arches or the very bottom section on the door sills.

i saw this car on the essen motershow.
its only paintwork
and other rims

H&R only did the lowering (-/- 3 cm) and the spacers (+4 cm)
this is a price from +_700,- euros !
i ordered the lowering springs and perhaps the spacers

RE: Pure Upgrades - oraclejon - 05-01-2012 06:07pm

(05-01-2012 04:24pm)WB Wrote:  My favoured option so far is on the H&R Evoque for the front bumper - I like the black strip continuing down the bumper besides the bull bars. I don't think I'll colour code the black plastic on the wheel arches or the very bottom section on the door sills.

Nice! Is there a rear picture of this H&R version? I've been on their website and cant see anything else other than this version - unless you grabbed it from somewhere else?