babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? (/Thread-Aftermarket-carpet-loadspace-mat)

Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - KPNuts - 03-01-2012 07:28pm

Has anyone found a company doing an aftermarket carpet (or ideally reversible carpet/rubber) loadspace mat? Don't like the LR rubber one, but do want to protect carpet.

One supplier has said they will be doing them once they have made a template. As templates are apparently not available, they have suggested coming over to us (as they are only 15 miles away) to take measurements. If we let them do this, I will remember to tell them that they will also need a version for the loadspace rails.

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - mark_n - 04-01-2012 06:45am

As a matter of interest, why don't you like the LR one?

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - Alex - 04-01-2012 08:24am

(03-01-2012 07:28pm)KPNuts Wrote:  I will remember to tell them that they will also need a version for the loadspace rails.

That would be good, can't believe LR do not offer this already, perhaps it's not economical based on the number of people that are predicted to chose the rails. However we have and I have the dilemma of trying to figure out how to get a loadspace protector with my rails. I was thinking of getting the rubber matt and cutting it to shape but that approach is fairly expensive.

It would also be good if they designed a loadspace protector that also allowed easy access to the hidden storage space.

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - mark_n - 04-01-2012 08:34am

Alex, see here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Luggage-Rails-Rubber-Boot-Mat-Bumper-Protector for what I did.

The load space protector has the advantage of containing spills which one providing access to the rails and under floor storage would not. Since I have the spare wheel, that extra space is not available to me anyway.

There is sadly no universal solution but what I have works well in practice.

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - Alex - 04-01-2012 08:08pm

(04-01-2012 08:34am)mark_n Wrote:  Alex, see here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Luggage-Rails-Rubber-Boot-Mat-Bumper-Protector for what I did.

The load space protector has the advantage of containing spills which one providing access to the rails and under floor storage would not. Since I have the spare wheel, that extra space is not available to me anyway.

There is sadly no universal solution but what I have works well in practice.

Mark - thanks and I have ordered the rubber matt and will do as you suggested. With the matt cutt as suggested assume I can just lift the matt fairly easy from the front to get the hidden storage compartments.

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - mark_n - 05-01-2012 12:56am

Yes, you can just lift the mat up to get underneath it - it's a reasonably heavy item which will stay in place without any fixing.

RE: Aftermarket carpet loadspace mat? - KPNuts - 05-01-2012 12:39pm

(04-01-2012 06:45am)mark_n Wrote:  As a matter of interest, why don't you like the LR one?
I don't want a rubber mat, I want carpet.