babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: Dealership Feedback (/Forum-Dealership-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover (/Thread-Guy-Salmon-Thames-Ditton-Handover)

Pages: 1 2

Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Claud - 30-12-2011 10:21pm

I picked up mine today. Ordered in August, build date was set for 16 December actual build 19 December.

We were invited in for the hand over at 13.00 today to be greeted by this:
[attachment=1056]

It was then unveiled:
[attachment=1057]

To reveal:
[attachment=1058]

Filled a few forms out, trade in sorted, no issues, paid by debit card and had our handover.

We drove it our of the showroom having been given champagne and flowers for Mrs Claud!

Best dealer handover I have had, it put both recent Hunters Guildford and Southampton experiences into the pale.

Unfortunately drove it home in the rain and covered it in mud coming up our lane, will be looking to get mudflaps soon I think...........................

Car was great and very smooth, very steady on the A3 at 70 mph.

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - LDT - 30-12-2011 10:26pm

Congratulations, and great to read that some LR dealerships make the effort after hearing about so many that don't.

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - cjfp - 30-12-2011 10:26pm

Nice. Glad you had a good handover.

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - IKM - 30-12-2011 10:27pm

Looks fantastic and a cracking handover. Don't suppose you got to keep the cover?

Best for 2012!

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Claud - 30-12-2011 10:44pm

(30-12-2011 10:27pm)IKM Wrote:  Looks fantastic and a cracking handover. Don't suppose you got to keep the cover?

Best for 2012!

Thanks for your good wishes, I am going to find out about the cover, the dealer will send me the manufacturer, it was the first thing I asked about!

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Evo-king - 30-12-2011 10:51pm

I was at my dealers today when a lucky customer was taking delivery of their Firenze red dynamic, the cover had been removed but it was more of a drape.

Will be very interested to see the details of that cover when you get it.

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - The Valeter - 31-12-2011 12:04am

I must admit I don't much care for our local Guy Salmon but they do the same style of handover as yours which I do think is a very nice job!

Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Ezandania - 01-01-2012 02:04pm

Was gonna ask the same thing abt the cover! Hope it gets to the market soon

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Tulabb - 19-07-2012 04:42pm

(30-12-2011 10:21pm)Claud Wrote:  I picked up mine today. Ordered in August, build date was set for 16 December actual build 19 December.

We were invited in for the hand over at 13.00 today to be greeted by this:

It was then unveiled:

To reveal:

Filled a few forms out, trade in sorted, no issues, paid by debit card and had our handover.

We drove it our of the showroom having been given champagne and flowers for Mrs Claud!

Best dealer handover I have had, it put both recent Hunters Guildford and Southampton experiences into the pale.

Unfortunately drove it home in the rain and covered it in mud coming up our lane, will be looking to get mudflaps soon I think...........................

Car was great and very smooth, very steady on the A3 at 70 mph.

So Iam not the only one who received crap service from Southampton hunters....I have also gone elsewhere.

RE: Guy Salmon Thames Ditton Handover - Westy - 19-07-2012 06:37pm

Nice handover

Unfortunately mine came on a grubby trailer to the house, but car was nice and clean though

Nice positive start to ownership, colour looks greatVery Happy