babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Another satnav annoyance - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Another satnav annoyance (/Thread-Another-satnav-annoyance)

Pages: 1 2

Another satnav annoyance - dandavis1 - 23-12-2011 08:23pm

My hate for the Evoque's satnav is growing further.

I left Ashtead Surrey and put in a postcode in Kingston-Upon-Thames and followed the directions (I don't know the area).

Approaching Epsom I noticed the route was about to run out and it was then that I discovered the satnav had two routes. The destination was correct but the car had decided to give me directions to a random area I hadn't specified.

It's so crap.

RE: Another satnav annoyance - defender_uk - 23-12-2011 09:51pm

there is obviously a software glitch...it needs to be reset ...dealer again, I guess. The satnav is actually pretty good....

Another satnav annoyance - My1stRR - 23-12-2011 10:29pm

I actually find it pretty good as well. Lots of bells and whistles....so takes a bit of getting used to..... but with a bit of patience I'm sure it will be great!

RE: Another satnav annoyance - ytshome - 24-12-2011 12:40am

(23-12-2011 08:23pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  My hate for the Evoque's satnav is growing further.

I left Ashtead Surrey and put in a postcode in Kingston-Upon-Thames and followed the directions (I don't know the area).

Approaching Epsom I noticed the route was about to run out and it was then that I discovered the satnav had two routes. The destination was correct but the car had decided to give me directions to a random area I hadn't specified.

It's so crap.

Now you did remember to switch the lights on so you could see what you were doing didn't you? Laughing or was that just Magicdragon.

RE: Another satnav annoyance - cjfp - 24-12-2011 12:45am

Tmc re-route due to traffic / accident?

Another satnav annoyance - QueJumper - 24-12-2011 11:11am

It's 100% better than the one in our Disco 4. I think that was written years ago!

Postcodes can be a bit random as they can cover areas as well as individual sites. Best to double check on the map and use address too.

RE: Another satnav annoyance - Mag1c_dragon - 24-12-2011 06:27pm

(24-12-2011 12:40am)ytshome Wrote:  Now you did remember to switch the lights on so you could see what you were doing didn't you? Laughing or was that just Magicdragon.

I still can't believe I done that! Figured out the dealer had turned the auto lights off a few days earlier when I had it in getting the tracker and winter tyres fitted . . .

I really like the sat nav - and I don't live too far from ashstead / Kingston area. Epsom is a BIG diversion though - odd. Can't say I have noticed any glitches like that on mine. It successfully re-routed me off the m6 the other day and saved me from 15 miles of tailbacks

RE: Another satnav annoyance - olde - 31-12-2011 12:58am

(23-12-2011 08:23pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  My hate for the Evoque's satnav is growing further. It's so crap.

Yep, it is frustrating, but some of the bugs are easy to fix. Please could you guys suggest how the software should be improved in this thread: 2012 Software Update List?

RE: Another satnav annoyance - jrinns - 09-01-2012 10:17pm

Jlr must be the worst nav puckers in the world, the nav on the xf is pure crap. I had hoped for them moving on in the nav world but it looks like the evoque will suffer the same fate.

RE: Another satnav annoyance - cjfp - 22-01-2012 11:39pm

Have just been reading the manual and in Route Options, there is an Easy Route option as one of the route choices - if 'on', this option will look to reduce Junctions, Turns, Turns that cross traffic, the priority of minor roads, and Complex junctions and manoeuvres ! Could this be a reason for the 'odd' route above? (a bit like the one i encountered today!)