babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Red/White Speedo Lights - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Red/White Speedo Lights (/Thread-Red-White-Speedo-Lights)

Pages: 1 2 3

Red/White Speedo Lights - Pepino - 11-12-2011 09:55am

My Petrol Dynamic Coupe Evoque came without the Dynamic terrain response option which if I am right, between many things it changes, it also changes the speedo lights from white to red.
As mine doesnt have the Dynamic driving option, is there any other way to change the dashboard lights from white to red?
From this
[attachment=869]

To this
[attachment=868]

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - cjfp - 11-12-2011 10:01am

I think I will want the answer to this too but for my Pure

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - Rootsboy - 11-12-2011 10:05am

i have a feeling once i get mine, i would rather the lights stayed white while it is in dynamic mode.

Red/White Speedo Lights - DDX - 11-12-2011 11:00am

I'm quite surprised that, for any market, they made a dynamic without dynamic mode. Seems kind of pointless. I can only assume, but in sure that all the speedos have the red LEDs built in as it's probably more boat effective than making two types. If that's the case, it's probably a software controlled switch.

Regardless, it's cool in the beginning but I find the red speedo quite annoying after a while.

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - mark_n - 11-12-2011 11:37am

I agree with DDX. It's a bit of bling too far and there should be a user option to keep them white.

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - berlin2011 - 11-12-2011 12:27pm

(11-12-2011 11:00am)DDX Wrote:  I can only assume, but in sure that all the speedos have the red LEDs built in as it's probably more boat effective than making two types.

You're right (about the LED's built in) but they are making many types - 6 in all, 3 each for Petrol and Diesel with the differences being MPH, US MPH and KMH, but no differentiation on Dynamic Mode (i.e. red LED's) or not.

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - Pepino - 11-12-2011 06:52pm

(11-12-2011 11:00am)DDX Wrote:  I'm quite surprised that, for any market, they made a dynamic without dynamic mode. Seems kind of pointless.

x2 Evil
I have all the terrain response programs but Dynamic, which I also thought it already had it, We also have Pures with Xenon Headlamps and Prestiges and dynamic with Halogens. When I bought it they said this one had all the options, then I noticed no Xenons, no Dynamic mode, no 5 cameras, no Navigation, but they told me all Evoques were going to come this way, so I bought it, then the day I picked mine up I saw a 5 door Fuji white with every single option, and asked the guy what was up with that, and he said that they brought a couple of Evoques (none coupes or Dynamics) with every option but price went up to 72,000 Dollars. But I wanted a Dynamic and a Coupe so this was my only option.

If anybody knows how to control the LEDS let us know!

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - berlin2011 - 11-12-2011 07:00pm

Dynamic mode comes with AD (Adaptive Dynamics) - I have a Prestige Coupe with AD and consequently Dynamic Mode.

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - Pepino - 11-12-2011 07:56pm

(11-12-2011 07:00pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Dynamic mode comes with AD (Adaptive Dynamics) - I have a Prestige Coupe with AD and consequently Dynamic Mode.

Mine doesnt have Dynamic mode, I have Snow, mud, sand gravel and thats it, not Dynamic the little dynamic logo is missing from the program selection thing. Let me go take a picture and ill show you.

RE: Red/White Speedo Lights - item - 12-12-2011 05:02pm

I can just say that Adaptive Dynamics is only for SD4 (190cv) and Si4 (240cv) (Dynamic and Prestige) model in belgium configurator. Sad