babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
A couple of questions for owners. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: A couple of questions for owners. (/Thread-A-couple-of-questions-for-owners)

A couple of questions for owners. - Evo-king - 10-12-2011 12:07pm

As the title says.

Does the coupe have pillar less doors or are they framed?

On the nav does it give you live updates, on my car it will shows major traffic jams and offer a re-route?

How does Gracenote access database from the car? i.e I put a new CD in my car today, it accessed Gracenote and came up with all the CD info.

RE: A couple of questions for owners. - bogstomper - 10-12-2011 12:11pm

Evo - my responses:

- Pillar less doors on coupe - no, the windows have a frame but it is styled to blend in with the surrounding seals - I'm guessing that's one of the reasons it feels quite quiet on the move
- Live updates - yes - I guess it uses TPC, but a number of times I've had a message saying something like "traffic conditions have changed" - you're then offered a view of the new route and whether you want to accept it or not
- Dunno - am guessing it's stored on the car's HDD (although then it wouldn't recognise newer CD titles without an update), so maybe it uses your phone's data connection? Either way it's pretty clever and it's handy to have CDs stored for when you fancy a change from the radio or have forgotten your ipod / USB etc...

RE: A couple of questions for owners. - Evo-king - 10-12-2011 12:16pm

Thanks.

I'm glad it's not pillar less, because they are a pain when the car is frozen up.

Your other answers are as I suspected but could not be sure.Thumbs Up