babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon Headlights - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Xenon Headlights (/Thread-Xenon-Headlights)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Xenon Headlights - Jim NI - 25-07-2015 03:32pm

So bought a set of DRL Xenons of ebay, fitted and updated CCF using my IID BT and they're working perfect. Easiest mod I've ever done, if only it was this easy on FL2!. Before anyone thinks of paying £250 for this, I would say the money is better spent towards a GAP Diagnostics IID BT and do it yourself.

RE: Xenon Headlights - PhilSkill - 25-07-2015 08:23pm

Hi Jim What options does the CCF contain?

RE: Xenon Headlights - Jim NI - 26-07-2015 03:16pm

Phil - only a few options at present as tool is still in development. Will connect and get list when rain eases. Is there something specific you're hoping to be there? Guys at GAP will add upon request if it's possible as they have done for me on a few occasions.

RE: Xenon Headlights - Aeromac - 26-07-2015 03:22pm

Well Done Jim, imo you've cracked it. Since the model launch this seems to be the hottest retrofit/mod topic and until now theres been no satisfactory solution.

Where did you order the IID from? as it's my next purchase!!

RE: Xenon Headlights - Jim NI - 26-07-2015 04:54pm

Aeromac - I bought direct from Gap on Beta test program for FL2 and added 2nd VIN unlock for wifes Evoque.

[attachment=4377]Phil - screenshots of current CCF options available

HVAC

Parking aid

RE: Xenon Headlights - PhilSkill - 26-07-2015 09:25pm

Hi Jim

Thanks for the pics, I wasn't looking for anything particular, but interested what else you can do if you can enable the DRL's.

RE: Xenon Headlights - nickyts - 30-07-2015 08:38am

can be very usefull if you are capable to set in the BCM the option of NAV active !!!

sorry for off topic

RE: Xenon Headlights - jwsturner - 08-10-2015 08:49am

Hi Jim NI,

So if I understand you correctly, after installing the Xenon headlight units, you've used the IID tool to enable them and the DRL's and they've worked correctly?

So just looking at cost, Xenon headlights go for £200-250 on eBay and then another £245 for the IID tool? I appreciate that the car will still not Havel auto leveling or washers, but the lights will function correctly?

RE: Xenon Headlights - TahoeEvoke - 12-10-2015 08:19pm

(08-10-2015 08:49am)jwsturner Wrote:  Hi Jim NI,

So if I understand you correctly, after installing the Xenon headlight units, you've used the IID tool to enable them and the DRL's and they've worked correctly?

So just looking at cost, Xenon headlights go for £200-250 on eBay and then another £245 for the IID tool? I appreciate that the car will still not Havel auto leveling or washers, but the lights will function correctly?

Hello -
Has anyone skipped HID and moved straight to LED headlights - been reading up on these in the states - http://opt-7.com/opt7-fluxbeam-led-headlight/

Thoughts?

RE: Xenon Headlights - Jim NI - 12-10-2015 09:01pm

(12-10-2015 08:19pm)TahoeEvoke Wrote:  Hello -
Has anyone skipped HID and moved straight to LED headlights - been reading up on these in the states - http://opt-7.com/opt7-fluxbeam-led-headlight/

Thoughts?
LED beam pattern is unsuitable for head lights