babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lumbar too subtle? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Lumbar too subtle? (/Thread-Lumbar-too-subtle)

Pages: 1 2

Lumbar too subtle? - olde - 07-12-2011 05:19am

Does anyone have a bad back, and need aggressive lumbar support? It seems to me that the seats in the demo I drove, prior to buying my Evoque, had better lumbar support. It may be a question of wearing the seats in, or it may be that the lumbar is more spread out than in other cars I have driven, but I am having trouble even feeling the lumbar (driver or passenger side). The slow speed of inflation also makes it seem like they are not even inflating.

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - bell-auto-services - 07-12-2011 10:37pm

I have a very bad S1 disc herniation and also found at first the seat to be uncomfortable compared to my test drive car no matter how I adjusted it, but after a few hundred miles either I have got used to it or the seat has sagged a little as I can now get comfortable.

Weirdly though I do from time to time find my self sitting slightly lop sided as if it feels as have something im my rear right pocket but their isnt lol, Prob just me but its weird feeling lol.

Pete

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - olde - 07-12-2011 10:58pm

(07-12-2011 10:37pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Weirdly though I do from time to time find my self sitting slightly lop sided as if it feels as have something im my rear right pocket but their isnt lol, Prob just me but its weird feeling lol.
Yeah, I think wear in is key to how well the lumbar works.
I drive on the wrong side of the road (well, we all do if we aren't British), and I get that same butt push on my rear left pocket, but when I'm in the passenger seat (as it is the wife's car), I get a butt push from the rear right pocket.
Is there some electronics under the outer butt-areas of the front seats?

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - bell-auto-services - 07-12-2011 11:03pm

Im not sure what is under the seat but its possibily some part of the mechanisim that has less foam over it in comparrison to the other parts of the seat that we are feeling.

Pete

Lumbar too subtle? - RoverMD - 08-12-2011 10:01am

I get that same left butt pressure, like my wallet is there but not in left drive US 'voque. Getting used to it now. I think...

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - bell-auto-services - 08-12-2011 10:28am

Im glad its not just me with the butt feeling lol, I thought at first I was going mad hehe.

Pete

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - olde - 09-12-2011 06:37am

Are we all heavy guys? Is that the common thread here? I measured my butt and it is 12-inches wide, average firmness, hahahaha, but I'm about 220lbs, so I sink into the seat pretty deep. My wife's butt is at least twice as large, but she seems to have no problem. Oh, Crikey, don't tell her I said that. Sad So, are there any light weight or skinny butt people out there who are noticing the same butt feel?

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - defender_uk - 09-12-2011 09:24am

also have the 'butt' feeling.....getting used to it, but weird....

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - PhilSkill - 10-12-2011 02:01am

How do you measure your own butt! Laughing

My Dynamic seats are fantastically comfy with no butt differential, guy in the passenger seat tonight had to be encouraged out as thought he was never going to get out the seat and go home!

Is this a lux or prestige seat thing? the bass speaker is under there I believe.

RE: Lumbar too subtle? - olde - 10-12-2011 05:07am

(10-12-2011 02:01am)PhilSkill Wrote:  How do you measure your own butt! Laughing
Is this a lux or prestige seat thing? the bass speaker is under there I believe.

Well, its a bit like measuring your x-seam for a recumbent bicycle, you back up to a wall and... Never mind! Crying

I think the bass speaker is in the rear right of the vehicle, so the butt poke can't be a speaker thing.

I tried experimenting last night, and found if you push the seat lips down hard, you get a temporary relief from butt poke. So, it could be something to do with stuffing?

This thread is killing me...