babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual (/Thread-My-Fuji-Dynamic-SD4-Manual)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Rootsboy - 01-02-2012 02:43pm

(21-11-2011 11:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Manual box is very precise and obviously still quite stiff, drove absolutely lovely, amazing for it's size, got it up to a good speed on the Motorway, no issues with steering weight as mentioned elsewhere.

Hi Phil
would like to ask other manual gearbox owners how they feel about it, i have this question as i find moving down from 3rd to second to be a bit clunky and also 1st to second and vice versa, not as smooth as the other gears, which seem quite effortless.
maybe its just my driving position, in my last car the stick was much lower, i kind of feel like now im sitting at a desk and the gearstick is the mouse.
but anyway with both 1st and 2nd i feel that more effort is needed and i just wondered if this is similar on other manuals. or is it likely to feel smoother once its run in ok, i have only just done over a 1000 km in mine so far.

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - vinny - 01-02-2012 10:03pm

(01-02-2012 02:43pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  Hi Phil
would like to ask other manual gearbox owners how they feel about it, i have this question as i find moving down from 3rd to second to be a bit clunky and also 1st to second and vice versa, not as smooth as the other gears, which seem quite effortless.
maybe its just my driving position, in my last car the stick was much lower, i kind of feel like now im sitting at a desk and the gearstick is the mouse.
but anyway with both 1st and 2nd i feel that more effort is needed and i just wondered if this is similar on other manuals. or is it likely to feel smoother once its run in ok, i have only just done over a 1000 km in mine so far.

I agree 2nd gear in mine feels a bit notchy going up or down the box compared to every other gear but as I only have 900 miles on the clock I was hoping it might ease off with time
(31-01-2012 11:18pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Vinny,

It will be all the bamboo you have on your roof rails interfering with the antenna as you make your way to your public appearances at Edinburgh Zoo

By the way hope the colic has cleared up !

Don't eat bamboo only lots of fox's bisquits
Remember....option 1-you try fox's bisquits
....option 2-there is no option 2 Laughing

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 01-02-2012 11:57pm

(01-02-2012 02:43pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  Hi Phil

Hi Rootsboy, I know what you mean very slightly stiffer 1-2-3 over 4-5-6 but its slight, doesnt affect driving and am sure will wear in, box is already smoother than at first (or i'm used to it) only thing i've noticed is when stone cold reverse is stiff, but I drive a C30 too and that is same, Volvo a common factor here as Evoque has Volvo box!

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 12-02-2012 08:32pm

MPG a poorer 32.9 (33.7 trip) after some Faster Motorway trips and much colder weather.

Having been away in Jerez for a week and missed most of the snow!, I finally took it out for a run, so couldn't resist some pics.

With temps below -11deg at night an little above freezing by day while I was away for the week, it started perfectly, but boy did the engine rattle until it had warmed up a bit.

[attachment=1463]

[attachment=1464]

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 26-02-2012 11:16pm

Lovely day today, so gave it the once over with Meguires Gold Class Bug and tar remover (amazing how much tar and iron spots had accumulated already!) and then a coat of Meguires Next Generation Tech wax 2, along with some AutoGlym Bumper care for the plastic trim. Looks great! sadly dark before I could get it finished so no pictures!

Not overly impressed with the bug and tar remover, was too thick and didn't spray as much as little squirt and dribble out, found it worked best if spread around and left quite thickly, then it did dissolve the tar a bit. Tech wax was good though easy on and easy off to apply, see how it fairs in the weather. Want to get onto gtechniq products but it seems silly to waste the ones I already have!

Anyone treated their Panoramic roof glass with anything, like G1?

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - WorldTraveler - 28-02-2012 05:50pm

(26-02-2012 11:16pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Lovely day today, so gave it the once over with Meguires Gold Class Bug and tar remover (amazing how much tar and iron spots had accumulated already!) and then a coat of Meguires Next Generation Tech wax 2, along with some AutoGlym Bumper care for the plastic trim. Looks great! sadly dark before I could get it finished so no pictures!

Not overly impressed with the bug and tar remover, was too thick and didn't spray as much as little squirt and dribble out, found it worked best if spread around and left quite thickly, then it did dissolve the tar a bit. Tech wax was good though easy on and easy off to apply, see how it fairs in the weather. Want to get onto gtechniq products but it seems silly to waste the ones I already have!

Anyone treated their Panoramic roof glass with anything, like G1?

G1 ? Hmmm, never heard of it, but do let me know what the results are as I am hoping to get my RRE before next winter Wink

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Big G - 28-02-2012 06:37pm

(28-02-2012 05:50pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  G1 ? Hmmm, never heard of it, but do let me know what the results are as I am hoping to get my RRE before next winter Wink

Had pretty much the whole car , including the pano roof treated with CQUARTZ treatment. Very happy - easy to clean, and water just beads off as well.

My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Rootsboy - 28-02-2012 07:41pm

I put some carlack 68 glass treatment on my panoramic roof and all other windows apart from the front side's as they seem to be already treated somehow. Anyway carlack made the water bead off quite well. Kids in the back love looking at the water just roll off. It did not last so well on
My front screen though and since then I have brought some gtechniq g3 and applied that which works a treat. That will go on all my other windows when the carlack wares out.

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - PhilSkill - 28-02-2012 08:41pm

Ah yes G3, that's what I meant, interesting I've never been a fan of glass treatments on the windscreen, but do use them on the side windows, hence wondering about the glass roof. My front side windows were also treated already.

I have my Snow Foam Lance, so looking forward to a bit of fun using that next wash! Have to say NXT Gen 2.0 wax gives a great Depth of Shine!

My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual - Rootsboy - 28-02-2012 09:57pm

G3 was pretty easy to put on. You have to have a bit of elbow grease for the glass polish to use before. So best use some steps for the roof