babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Potential common problems with RRE. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Potential common problems with RRE. (/Thread-Potential-common-problems-with-RRE)

Pages: 1 2

Potential common problems with RRE. - exigejoe - 21-11-2011 05:09pm

The RRE is fairly new vechile and as with LR their are some common problems; I would like to create a thread that list these potential problem for future RRE owners to acknowledge. As of now, there is a steering issue with a fellow member and last friday afternoon my RRE threw a code for a evap at 1436 miles. I would appreciate for fellow members to list any problems with their RRE, thanks!

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - Big G - 21-11-2011 05:20pm

(21-11-2011 05:09pm)exigejoe Wrote:  The RRE is fairly new vechile and as with LR their are some common problems; I would like to create a thread that list these potential problem for future RRE owners to acknowledge. As of now, there is a steering issue with a fellow member and last friday afternoon my RRE threw a code for a evap at 1436 miles. I would appreciate for fellow members to list any problems with their RRE, thanks!

Joe - Whats 'a code for a evap ' mean?

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - exigejoe - 21-11-2011 05:32pm

I will find out later today. All he told me that it threw a code for evap; I remember awhile ago a thread popped up regarding an issue with the gas tank not venting air properly; however, i have had no issue pumping fuel so as of the moment im still in the dark. Hopefully its an issue thats an easy fix!

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - Big G - 21-11-2011 05:35pm

(21-11-2011 05:32pm)exigejoe Wrote:  I will find out later today. All he told me that it threw a code for evap; I remember awhile ago a thread popped up regarding an issue with the gas tank not venting air properly; however, i have had no issue pumping fuel so as of the moment im still in the dark. Hopefully its an issue thats an easy fix!

Fingers crosssed Sad

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - exigejoe - 21-11-2011 05:37pm

there could be issue with evap leaking or failure in the mechanism in regards to the evap emission control for fuel vapor release from a vechile fuel system. It could be simple as a new fuel cap that has a better fit or bad in regards to failure in lines and pump. However i pumped gas a week prior to this problem.

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - IKM - 21-11-2011 05:39pm

According to my google search:
Most "EVAP" codes can be caused by a loose or leaking gas cap. Also there are vacuum lines from the fuel tank to the storage canister to the engine. A leak in any line can cause a code to set as well as a vent or purge solenoid that is not sealing properly.

Hope all goes well.

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - exigejoe - 21-11-2011 05:44pm

or sensor thats kaput!

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - exigejoe - 21-11-2011 07:56pm

UPDATE: They are confident to say its a purge valve that needs to be replaced. The technical advisor are going over the data to confirm. The part will be ordered as it is confirmed. Hopefully it will be ready be tommorow afternoon or wednesday.

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - Ezandania - 21-11-2011 08:02pm

Thank god for that....the warning light which alerted you to this is the 'Check Engine Light'? Does that mean your car had to be at the dealer's all this time? Sad Hope its just an isolated case...

RE: Potential common problems with RRE. - exigejoe - 21-11-2011 08:43pm

Yes the cel came on. I didnt notice any signs of engine problems. no rough idles, misfires, overheating, etc. So i knew it was something like this.