babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
UK TD4 Confirmation - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: UK TD4 Confirmation (/Thread-UK-TD4-Confirmation)

UK TD4 Confirmation - Gerbol - 11-11-2011 07:17pm

Has anyone in the UK had confirmation of a build slot for manual TD4 yet. I am sure another thread suggested earliest build date would be from 28/11. I placed my deposit on 26/5 and am still in the holding pool. I am interested in finding out if others have heard yet?

Confused

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - ED209 - 11-11-2011 07:24pm

No i havent and i thought the same as you date wise. I have asked nick@landrover on here and i have also tasked someone who works at the factory to try and find out for me.

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - J77 - 11-11-2011 08:08pm

I am also waiting for conformation of my TD4, sent a text to my salesman afew weeks back and he said should confirm build dates in a couple of weeks. So freelander goes in for service on Monday and I am hoping he will have some news, hopefully good.

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - vinny - 11-11-2011 08:22pm

Hey J77 hope yours comes soon so I can get your traded in freelander as my loaner till mine comes!Laughing

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - J77 - 11-11-2011 08:34pm

Think the salesman is itching to get his hands on it, will be a good car for someone only done 4200mls. He wasn't sure about the white when I ordered it but when it arrived they ordered another based on my spec. Victoria beckham eat your heart out.... J77 Stratstone design consultant. Laughing

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - WorldTraveler - 12-11-2011 10:11am

I heard from "someone" at the plant that TD4's are expected to start builds in 2nd week December, like you Im in "The Pool" Sad But on a brighter note, if the builds are delayed, maybe the Xenon's will come back Smile

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - berlin2011 - 12-11-2011 11:05am

(12-11-2011 10:11am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  TD4's are expected to start builds in 2nd week December

find this confusing - you can find literally hundreds of TD4's for sale all across continental Europe, on this forum a member was talking about test driving one in Australia (and we all know just to get the car there is a month or more) - So clearly they have been building them for quite some time. They may well not be 'delivering' TD4's to the UK market yet, but the build has commenced probably exactly the same time as all the other variants

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - Gerbol - 13-11-2011 01:04pm

(11-11-2011 07:24pm)ED209 Wrote:  No i havent and i thought the same as you date wise. I have asked nick@landrover on here and i have also tasked someone who works at the factory to try and find out for me.

Thanks ED209, If you hear anything please let us all know. Interesting though that no UK forum members have a confirmed date for TD4 when we were expecting UK TD4 builds to start only two weeks from now w/c 28/11.

Hopefully we can all be released from holding pools shortly Confused:

RE: UK TD4 Confirmation - J77 - 14-11-2011 05:44pm

Salesman left a message on my phone the other day and said it will definately be a January delivery, so I assume the build will be mid December.