babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Carpoint - Available Cars - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Carpoint - Available Cars (/Thread-Carpoint-Available-Cars)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 27-01-2012 08:10am

Yeah they probably will but then there's those customers who will rather pay an extra $3-4k than wait 6 months for their own specced car to arrive.

I'm guessing those are the customers dealers will be targetting with these cars.

Given that the demand for the car is likely to increase even more in the next year or so before slowly reducing... I guess LR are trying to capitalise on build slots at the moment before even they have to wait 6 months to get cars in.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 27-01-2012 08:42am

I hope that when they reduce the costs of those highly specced cars (that would have been sitting around for more than 6 months), it doesn't devalue our lower specc'd Pures

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - sethor - 27-01-2012 09:15am

I don't think we will see a fire sale on excess floor stock, Most dealers will at least have one high spec car mainly to help up sell options to customers. I would have not bothered with Active Dynamics if I was unable to test drive an Evoque with it, the same car also had the Dynamic Plus Pack which I eventually ordered as well. But in saying that the same car had the surround cameras which i was considering, had a fiddle around with it on the test drive & found it to be completely useless.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 27-01-2012 09:47am

Yeah I agree - they won't bring the prices of the cars down. They will all be brand new vehicles with only a few as test drive models.

Its just that LR now actually put whatever stock they have - on carpoint/carsales.

Not all companies do that now I think about it. LR are just going viral with their online listings as they assume that most people looking at buying the car... will actually look online given thats the generation/age group they are targetting.

Just thinking about it - Imagine if Audi or BMW put up all their cars in stock online.. it would be quite nuts!

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 30-01-2012 09:57am

30 January 2012 - 151 Evoques on Carsales.com.au

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 31-01-2012 02:04am

31 January 2012 - 160 evoques.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Barneyridge - 31-01-2012 02:22am

When i picked up my car yesterday, the dealer admitted that the only cars they are moving are personal orders. The dealer orders are too expensive and do not have some key options. For instant, they loved the Pan Roof on mine, whereas the majority of their dealer orders have not had them. The most movement has been in the $75k to $80k price bracket.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 31-01-2012 02:27am

I think most of the one's above that price range that will be sold is those that are ordered by customers rather than dealer orders.

Many cars above even $90k don't have the pano roof which seems pointless to me - it is stunning! if customer's done like it... keep the blind closed!!

The problem is the price here - justifying $120k on an RRE when that can get you a luxury TDV6 RRS doesn't make sense. And considering many dealers have '11 plated runout at the moment, i think some RRS are even $99k driveaway!

In Europe and UK, size may not matter as much cause the price there is much more reasonable... here.. when paying $100k for a car... you want something big unless its a porsche. In the Australian market, size does matter.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - benzina - 31-01-2012 05:40am

They will find these loaded up Evoques difficult to sell. Serves LD right for not prioritising customers orders first, and for being greedy, by loading up cars with options for maximum profits.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - RonnieNavani - 31-01-2012 11:09am

I 100% agree - they are going to find it hard and will start discounting cars that are heavily optioned which don't have the basics. Basics to me is xenons & sunroof!

I can comfortably say that my car was a dealer stock car and had plenty of options, which also included the basics (panoroof and xenons), some options i didn't want.. but then again, getting delivery was important for me.. so i compromised there.