babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Carpoint - Available Cars - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Carpoint - Available Cars (/Thread-Carpoint-Available-Cars)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 27-01-2012 03:13am

27 January 2012 - 140 Evoques on Carsales.com.au

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 27-01-2012 03:20am

Yeah just saw that.

I thought the first 250 were sold... it seems 140 didnt quite make it to the owners? got lost on the way?

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Biker - 27-01-2012 03:23am

(27-01-2012 03:20am)chiggy Wrote:  Yeah just saw that.

I thought the first 250 were sold... it seems 140 didnt quite make it to the owners? got lost on the way?

+1

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 27-01-2012 03:43am

Maybe the Satnav was a bit slow to load.. or didn't quite work.. or was just too expensive.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - occlusion - 27-01-2012 03:48am

It is Crazy..... they should have better standard options, and Australian LR dealers should reconsider their list prices (or some kind of discount ). My preordered Firenze SD4 would be either sitting at the car dealer or being advertised, as my preordered dealer would not negotiate at all ( due to trade in ) and lack of communication. And I finally bought a existing stock from another dealer, at a much reduced price. It was a fantastic outcome for me.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 27-01-2012 06:57am

Wow... 145 cars now... 27/01/2012.

I think LR may have just gone overboard with the ordering now..

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 27-01-2012 07:22am

The fact that there are so many Evoques on Carsales begs the question - how many have actually been preordered?

The fact that I have only seen 1 Evoque on the road in Brisbane (even that was on a test drive) further throws in doubt on how many have actually been sold.

Personally I don't mind because the fewer there are on the road, the more exclusive the ownership will be.

However, I'll say it again in the hope that somebody at Landrover Australia is reading this forum - look after those customers who paid deposits before the car was even launched in Australia.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - deebabe2004 - 27-01-2012 07:30am

(27-01-2012 07:22am)spif888 Wrote:  The fact that there are so many Evoques on Carsales begs the question - how many have actually been preordered?

The fact that I have only seen 1 Evoque on the road in Brisbane (even that was on a test drive) further throws in doubt on how many have actually been sold.

Personally I don't mind because the fewer there are on the road, the more exclusive the ownership will be.

However, I'll say it again in the hope that somebody at Landrover Australia is reading this forum - look after those customers who paid deposits before the car was even launched in Australia.

I haven't even seen 1 driving around yet, so i haven't seen one up close in the flesh since our test drive 2 and a half months ago. Wouldn't it be great if there were only like 10 in Brizzy, talk about VERY exclusive!

Like you I hope that Landrover Oz is looking at this forum, but for me it is more so they see there sales staff really need better customer service training!

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 27-01-2012 07:44am

I don't think most of those would be pre-ordered by customers... that's just it.

Maybe 10% may have been? and then backed out cause they didn't like it or just couldnt afford it in the end?

Other than that they all just seem pretty high spec vehicles ordered by LR. Its like they're trying to get as many in stock as possible so that they have enough supply over the next 6 months or so for when a random customer walks in the door and says I want an evoque... he/she doesn't have to wait 6 months to get it.. and they have a whole range to choose from.

The worst part is that every time I've been at the dealership all the sales guys always tell customers this is LR's way of bringing in customers that wouldn't have been LR customers before... thats who its targetted towards, yet the Customer Service in general, from what I've heard, has been absolutely shocking (except my experience which has been pretty good)!

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 27-01-2012 08:01am

(27-01-2012 07:44am)chiggy Wrote:  I don't think most of those would be pre-ordered by customers... that's just it.

Maybe 10% may have been? and then backed out cause they didn't like it or just couldnt afford it in the end?

Other than that they all just seem pretty high spec vehicles ordered by LR. Its like they're trying to get as many in stock as possible so that they have enough supply over the next 6 months or so for when a random customer walks in the door and says I want an evoque... he/she doesn't have to wait 6 months to get it.. and they have a whole range to choose from.

The worst part is that every time I've been at the dealership all the sales guys always tell customers this is LR's way of bringing in customers that wouldn't have been LR customers before... thats who its targetted towards, yet the Customer Service in general, from what I've heard, has been absolutely shocking (except my experience which has been pretty good)!

It's going to be a pretty expensive exercise in hoping random customers walk through the door. Somebody is going to be paying to have those cars sitting around.

LR Australia probably over anticipated the demand for highly specced cars and if somebody is in the market for one, they will probably be able to pick up a "bargain" in a few months.