babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Carpoint - Available Cars - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Carpoint - Available Cars (/Thread-Carpoint-Available-Cars)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Capital - 12-03-2012 07:28am

(12-03-2012 07:05am)spif888 Wrote:  Mazda will probably sell 10 times as many CX5s as LR sells Evoques, so when comparing apples with apples there should only be around 20 Evoques in on Carsales.

I still believe there is a problem with stick levels when compared to demand.

I am not so sure there is a problem. If they are selling over 200 a month ( and the figures I posted above suggest this is the case) than having a couple of hundred across Australia in stock including demonstraters is about right. I am sure they would like to sell more but it does not look like a problem to me. I do agree that the initial cars were highly speced and looked to be priced above what people would be likely to spend for this sized car.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 12-03-2012 01:32pm

(12-03-2012 07:28am)Capital Wrote:  I am not so sure there is a problem. If they are selling over 200 a month ( and the figures I posted above suggest this is the case) than having a couple of hundred across Australia in stock including demonstraters is about right. I am sure they would like to sell more but it does not look like a problem to me. I do agree that the initial cars were highly speced and looked to be priced above what people would be likely to spend for this sized car.
Considering the fortune LR threw at advertising their Main Event in January, I would be very surprised if the additional sales over last year are all because of RRE.

The longer all those Evoques sit at dealerships the longer the car will remain exclusive and that can only be a good thing.

My fear and I have expressed this point in the past. If the number of dealership cars continue to rise eventually there will be some heavy discounting to clear the stock - not a good thing come trade in time.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 13-03-2012 02:42am

and...

We have reached 260 cars.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 13-03-2012 03:16am

(13-03-2012 02:42am)chiggy Wrote:  and...

We have reached 260 cars.

Do we have parity with the RRS? It was only 6 weeks ago when the differential was around 100.

On a separate note, Chiggy have you wrapped the plastic trim yet? I'm doing mine on Monday.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 13-03-2012 04:52am

I haven't because the lady from Magic Wrap never got back to me (not very happy).

Also have a bit of an emergency home appliance situation at the moment (microwave went bust, steam iron went bust, vacuum went bust and air conditioning went bust... all in the space of a week) so spending money getting all that fixed/buying new.

Haven't had time therefore to look for someone else. I did get a quote not long ago for $400 which I thought was outrageously expensive.

Put up some pics when you do! Would like to see how it looks! What parts are you getting done?

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - sethor - 15-03-2012 07:35am

It has dropped to 255 today.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Biker - 15-03-2012 07:50am

@ chiggy - if all your appliances starts going bust, maybe you need to check your electricity supply. Maybe there is something wrong that is causing that. Some appliances are more tolerant than others too

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 15-03-2012 02:16pm

(15-03-2012 07:50am)Biker Wrote:  @ chiggy - if all your appliances starts going bust, maybe you need to check your electricity supply. Maybe there is something wrong that is causing that. Some appliances are more tolerant than others too

haha! no I've just had them for quite some time now - Microwave has been about 6 years, steam iron is 5 years and air conditioning it turns out some part in the actual system wasn't powerful enough for the size of the house (ended up leaving the A/C on for much longer because it didn't cool as quickly so burnt out the part). The vacuum has been working overtime since the move to the new house two years ago as we have a dog who sheds a lot of hair plus there's a lot of construction around the house (new houses etc) so lots of dust in the house.

I'm happy to get a new microwave and steam iron (at least it'll be a bit more energy efficient although I question how much of a difference that will make to the bill). Any suggestions on a new microwave?

All other appliances have been working perfectly in the last 2 years we've lived at this house.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Barneyridge - 15-03-2012 10:22pm

Chiggy get a microwave that can be used as an oven too. Just convenient if you do not want to wait for an oven to pre heat. We have a semg one, only because it matches the other appliances

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Biker - 16-03-2012 10:59am

28% of JLR sales in Oz are RRE's

http://www.caradvice.com.au/163726/range-rover-evoque-to-be-produced-around-the-clock/