babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Carpoint - Available Cars - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Carpoint - Available Cars (/Thread-Carpoint-Available-Cars)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 31-01-2012 01:45pm

and now we're at 170.

I actually think that nearly every car that LR has in stock is now online.

And I think they are the only car dealer who have actually done that!

It seems like a lot, but then thinking about BMW and Audi and Mercedes, if they put up every car they had in stock... it would run in thousands I imagine!

I guess the target market for the RRE is a young professional upwards so looking online for a car would be the first place to check considering its the www age.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 31-01-2012 02:29pm

I still believe LR Australia over estimated the demand for the Evoque in the search for increased profits.

Chiggy I think you already made the point and I agree 100%. Evoques selling for up to $80 000, the car offers amazing value. For Evoques costing over $120 000, there are better alternatives.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Bomberboy - 02-02-2012 06:01am

Checked Lance Dixon Melbourne website..... which shows 35! 2011 build evoques ready to sell of all costs and variants new and ready to be delivered.

They're going to be dumping these cars at significant discount to get rid of them seeing it's Feb 2012.........

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 02-02-2012 06:21am

(02-02-2012 06:01am)Bomberboy Wrote:  Checked Lance Dixon Melbourne website..... which shows 35! 2011 build evoques ready to sell of all costs and variants new and ready to be delivered.

They're going to be dumping these cars at significant discount to get rid of them seeing it's Feb 2012.........

My thoughts exactly.

It's costing somebody a lot of money having nearly 200 Evoques sittig around. Once they start discounting, it's only going to devalue my Pure and all the people like me who ordered before launch.

The only thing that is helping me sleep at night is knowing my Evoque is safe and sound in MY garage and the fact I was able to negotiate a 6.8% discount of the list price.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Bomberboy - 02-02-2012 06:40am

(02-02-2012 06:21am)spif888 Wrote:  My thoughts exactly.

It's costing somebody a lot of money having nearly 200 Evoques sittig around. Once they start discounting, it's only going to devalue my Pure and all the people like me who ordered before launch.

The only thing that is helping me sleep at night is knowing my Evoque is safe and sound in MY garage and the fact I was able to negotiate a 6.8% discount of the list price.

I think you did well with your negotiations. I only managed about 3%.

By rough estimates, there's probably $3 million worth of Evoques sitting around already at this dealer of 'old' 2011 stock. Maybe $10-15 million across Australia. I wonder whether they've got even more dealer preorders still coming, would be interesting to know because if there is just a bit of excess at the start, it shouldn't affect resale in say 2-3 years time, but if dealers keep flooding hard to sell cars that need discounting, then resale will be affected.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 02-02-2012 07:27am

When I was at the dealer yesterday, he said that there's plenty of Si4's on the market at the moment cause they're not selling as much as the TD4 and SD4 mainly cause of the LCT!

And most people are happy not getting the power of the Si4 and then just adding on extras for the price difference.

Hence the reason why majority of the cars will be Si4's. They're just not selling as well as Land Rover hoped.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - sethor - 02-02-2012 07:30am

All JLR Aust. need to do is some advertising, that will help them move more stock. I'm yet to see/hear any adverts for the Evoque apart from online which would have popped up due to all my Evoque searches online.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - spif888 - 02-02-2012 07:53am

(02-02-2012 07:30am)sethor Wrote:  All JLR Aust. need to do is some advertising, that will help them move more stock. I'm yet to see/hear any adverts for the Evoque apart from online which would have popped up due to all my Evoque searches online.

I've seen a few billboards around Brisbane advertising the Evoque.

Still yet to see an Evoque on the road!

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - chiggy - 02-02-2012 08:11am

i've seen it on TV quite a few times.

also seen a few billboards around Perth.

RE: Carpoint - Available Cars - Bomberboy - 02-02-2012 08:24am

I've seen it on billboards in Adelaide and Melbourne, also on hip print magazines in the Age and also quality local papers. However, nothing for a while.