babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Track Day - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Track Day (/Thread-Track-Day)

Track Day - Blackseries - 09-11-2011 08:46pm

Light at the end of the tunnel....... saw my beautiful new car come off the production line today.
It looks great!

I had an excellent tour of the factory. A lot of cars are being built.

The US seems to be getting an awful lot of cars .... they leave for the docks 200 cars at a time! ..... the “ready for delivery” pool for UK customers had only about 30 cars in it. I was told that’s because as soon as they are built they are put on transporters & despatched to the dealers.

Mine should be through QC tomorrow so maybe it will at the dealer Monday or Tuesday.

I cannot wait.

RE: Track Day - mark_n - 09-11-2011 08:55pm

Good you were able to time your visit to see your actual car come off the line. Did you have to pull some strings to make it happen?

RE: Track Day - fam1x - 09-11-2011 10:13pm

Yes how do you know for sure that car is yours coming off then production line? As I would love to go to the factory and see mine do tell us your secret please ?

RE: Track Day - Blackseries - 10-11-2011 12:03am

(09-11-2011 10:13pm)fam1x Wrote:  Yes how do you know for sure that car is yours coming off then production line?

I didn't really...... I just applied a bit of educated guess work and got lucky. I had a start build date of the 7th, I got confirmation that had happened and thought OK 2 days for welding & paint then maybe day 3 on the track. The person that took me round did say I was very lucky .......he said it didn't happen that often.