babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Repainting the Bull-bars - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Repainting the Bull-bars (/Thread-Repainting-the-Bull-bars)

Pages: 1 2 3

Repainting the Bull-bars - mark_n - 06-11-2011 07:27am

After changing my car to Firenze, the one aspect which grates is the silver of the bull-bars, scuff-plates. I'm wondering whether to paint them black. Anyone else got similar ideas?

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - WB - 06-11-2011 10:09am

You could also consider wrapping them which would be reversible, cheaper and give you some matt options if that takes your fancy

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - Blackseries - 06-11-2011 01:55pm

Mark, if I was going down that route I would probably paint the bull bars (the U bits) body colour or to be extra striking a darker shade of Firenze - in both cases leave the kick plates black..... I think it would look very dramatic .... If anybody is handy with Photoshop maybe it could be visualised.

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - jos - 06-11-2011 05:20pm

[
(06-11-2011 10:09am)wbessada Wrote:  You could also consider wrapping them which would be reversible, cheaper and give you some matt options if that takes your fancy

exact !
thats what i'm planning to do !

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - exigejoe - 06-11-2011 07:07pm

I was thinking about doing the "U" bit in the body color but how do u match the fuji color when using vinyl?

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - LIONHEAD - 06-11-2011 08:40pm

The shop should have different color shades of vinyl to fit your color choice. When I had my window sills on my XKR vinyl wrapped, the shop had different choices of black.....I went with flat black.

The shop emailed me a pic while they were installing the wrap:
[Image: wrapxkr.jpg]

This is the end result when they dropped off the car afterwards:
[Image: f8.jpg]
[Image: f3.jpg]

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - exigejoe - 07-11-2011 12:57am

Nice jag. Was thinking about getting those. So what do u think about vinyl wrapping that bit?

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - Troy - 07-11-2011 10:21pm

I had it painted a few weeks ago in gloss black to tie in with all the other Dynamic gloss black bits, looks way better.

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - DDX - 07-11-2011 11:29pm

(07-11-2011 10:21pm)Troy Wrote:  I had it painted a few weeks ago in gloss black to tie in with all the other Dynamic gloss black bits, looks way better.

Sounds good, photos please? Would love to see what it looks like. What colour is your car?

RE: Repainting the Bull-bars - Blackseries - 08-11-2011 12:58pm

(07-11-2011 10:21pm)Troy Wrote:  I had it painted a few weeks ago in gloss black to tie in with all the other Dynamic gloss black bits, looks way better.

Sounds nice .... do you have any photos?