babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Has anyone seriously considered - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Has anyone seriously considered (/Thread-Has-anyone-seriously-considered)

Has anyone seriously considered - Evo-king - 28-10-2011 06:39pm

buying an Evoque from the traders/speculators.

I have and have seen a couple that come close to my order specification, trouble is they are not to my exact spec and I will be paying slightly more than the build price, plus I will be the 2nd owner.

But given the despairing news re: delays it does make you wonder whether to go down this route.

RE: Has anyone seriously considered - marky9074 - 28-10-2011 07:03pm

I've seen a few dynamic plus with lux pack on AutoTrader that were 1k or so more than list... if I found one exactly to my spec I would buy as I didn't put in an order, and there is no point now with the massive waiting list and delays...

Wondering too about the ex-dealer cars.. there's one close to me that would tick most of the boxes..

RE: Has anyone seriously considered - ED209 - 28-10-2011 07:05pm

No.

If mine is delayed longer than i want i will cancel and buy something else, I refuse to line a speculators pocket.

RE: Has anyone seriously considered - xxxx5 - 28-10-2011 07:58pm

(28-10-2011 07:05pm)ED209 Wrote:  No.

If mine is delayed longer than i want i will cancel and buy something else, I refuse to line a speculators pocket.

totally agree, plus I am starting to wonder if it is all really worth it!!

RE: Has anyone seriously considered - bell-auto-services - 28-10-2011 08:06pm

I think buying a car for a little more within reason now is something id do if i was still waiting, being a 2nd owner is nothing to worry about at the exactsame thing happend with the new mini and it didnt devalue those.

Also the 2nd owner will be dated so when you come to sell it will be clearon the V5 that the first owner only owned it for X time so means nothing as a first owner.

I know if i were having to wait months for my order id buy one from a speculator just to get it. If I didnt someone else will and Id still be waiting !

That said if a speculator deal was not possibile id still wait like the rest, i knew when i placed a deposit over a year ago it would mean waiting for it so id just wait but would not change brand.

Pete