babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Road Noise - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Road Noise (/Thread-Road-Noise)

Road Noise - KaDargo - 21-10-2011 11:19am

For those lucky b:censored:rs who have got their cars :-

Has anyong got a 5dr SD4 Prestige with 20" wheels but no magnaride - if so, what is the road noise like (and what tyres are they ?)

RE: Road Noise - Daglass - 21-10-2011 12:25pm

I has exactly the same question.
Last Saturday I took a 3rd test drive in an Evoque with 20" and no magnaride and noticed no major difference.
So much so I placed my order that same day.

RE: Road Noise - defender_uk - 21-10-2011 03:55pm

I have the car in question, but on 19 inch wheels.....i have not noticed any road noise at all....

RE: Road Noise - vinda - 25-10-2011 10:40pm

I'm in a sd4 dynamic. With adaptives. 20rims. Michelens. Very quiet indeed

Just for comparision

RE: Road Noise - bell-auto-services - 25-10-2011 11:17pm

I know my car is different to what you require as its a Dynamic 5 door with magnaride. I have a decibel meter and im going to test various speeds on mine and on a D4 what im used to see what the difference is. As well as any other Evoque's i get chance to test it on.

That said i dont think my car is much noiser than my old D4 really.

Pete

RE: Road Noise - Evo-king - 01-11-2011 09:10pm

We've gone for the 20' Style 6 option. Originally we were considering 19" alloys, but having driven a Prestige with 20's and not noticing any real difference we went for it.

Road Noise - ceebee - 01-11-2011 09:26pm

I have a pure with 20" style 6 alloys and have no issues at all with road noise (also no issues with mirrors whistling when at motorway speeds. (which had been mentioned before)