babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dilema! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Dilema! (/Thread-Dilema)

Pages: 1 2

Dilema! - DynamicRRV - 19-10-2011 06:57pm

Just rang my bank to say Im paying by debit card...........NO they said as its too much in one go........pay in two parts they said,FRI and SAT????????

I owe £44700 so was going to hand over £5k cash and balance by debit card.........can I pay half on my card and half on my wifes card(same account)???

RE: Dilema! - PhilSkill - 19-10-2011 07:14pm

Intriguing, Why would it be a different handing it over in 2 sections over 2 days unless they have a set limit they don't allow debit above, it's still going to the same place.

Did they say how much wasn't too much for a single transaction? you could always do the minimum possible in advance with the dealer and then the larger final amount on collection.

Guess there's the bankers draft option but extra £25 and additional hassle.

RE: Dilema! - DynamicRRV - 19-10-2011 07:25pm

Dealer won't let car go on a draft I was told has to clear first??

RE: Dilema! - marky9074 - 19-10-2011 07:32pm

Why don't you just ring in the morning and do a bank transfer? Will probably clear in a couple of hours...

RE: Dilema! - PhilSkill - 19-10-2011 07:39pm

I think you're using the same dealer as me, they gave me a form with their options on,

Cheque... cleared in advance

Switch or Delta with card holder present.

Bankers draft will be accepted on day of delivery if they have received a faxed copy of the draft prior to delivery and and have acheived verification of authenticity during normal banking hours.

Cash only to £5000 but not on weekends.

Chaps payment... maybe this is another option.

RE: Dilema! - DynamicRRV - 19-10-2011 07:57pm

Yes same dealer Guy Salmon? Chaps I reckon over phone easiest way.

RE: Dilema! - PhilSkill - 19-10-2011 08:02pm

(19-10-2011 07:57pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Yes same dealer Guy Salmon? Chaps I reckon over phone easiest way.

Yep Guy Salmon, Interested now to see if My Bank will allow that much in a single transaction, or Chaps it is for me too.

RE: Dilema! - DynamicRRV - 19-10-2011 08:26pm

I'm on the phone now to my bank asking limits etc.

RE: Dilema! - caroline11000 - 19-10-2011 08:36pm

My dealer won't accept cheques, even well in advance, so looks like it chaps for me!

RE: Dilema! - vcruiser - 19-10-2011 08:38pm

How bout a credit card? Then pay it online right after through online banking?