babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Steamy windows!! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Steamy windows!! (/Thread-Steamy-windows)

Pages: 1 2

Steamy windows!! - PJ - 18-10-2011 08:39pm

Help my windows keep steaming up just with normal driving. Tried various settings on the ventilation but can't seem to get it right and have to change settings throughout the day to keep all the windows clear. I've had no similar problems in my audis or bmws always had the A/C set at auto and unless you had wet clothes never really had to change any settings to stop condensation.

Anyone else having issues or is there a magic setting I'm missing?

By the way for those wondering I'm not doing anything in the car which should cause steamy windows (unfortunately) Wink

RE: Steamy windows!! - griff - 18-10-2011 08:44pm

Silly question: Have you got your climate control on all ?
If not could be your problem

RE: Steamy windows!! - Red FR - 18-10-2011 08:45pm

Have you got it set to recirculate?

RE: Steamy windows!! - griff - 18-10-2011 08:47pm

True good call

RE: Steamy windows!! - PJ - 18-10-2011 08:52pm

Normally just set the Ac on auto and recirculate is off

RE: Steamy windows!! - Grah - 18-10-2011 09:08pm

Are the air vents set to "open"?

Can/has happened to anyone!

RE: Steamy windows!! - Spiderman - 18-10-2011 10:34pm

More importantly, what are you doing when the windows steam up.....on second thoughts I really don't want to know Laughing

RE: Steamy windows!! - PJ - 18-10-2011 10:36pm

Yes checked they are all open - can't figure out what's wrong. Was driving this afternoon everything ok then suddenly noticed the back windows were steamed up then the front started as well. Blasted the aircon and put on the front screen then it was ok but don't think this should be happening with normal driving.

RE: Steamy windows!! - Spiderman - 18-10-2011 10:37pm

The Freelander 2 has this issue too, if it happens press the front windscreens defrost button as it will help, failing that I think there's a max button, can't recall as it's been a week since I've been in my Evoque!

RE: Steamy windows!! - PJ - 18-10-2011 10:44pm

Ok maybe that's just going to be the way it is. Not a big problem the rest of the car is fantastic!

You missing your evoque Spiderman? I can't remember driving a car so much before (not since my RS turbo when I was a young loon). Went for a quick run today and ended up 100 miles away!