babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Entertainment system fault - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Entertainment system fault (/Thread-Entertainment-system-fault)



Entertainment system fault - RobWatson - Yesterday 12:39pm

Good morning.

I have a 2011 Evoque with what I think is a rear entertainment module fault.

The module powers up but causes the front screen to repeatedly return to the Home Screen after a few seconds if you select any option on the screen.

The radio cuts out every few seconds and you hear a blip through the speakers when it does it. The remote for the rear entertainment system bleeps every few seconds.

I used a bypass loop for the most fibre optic system and went round each module in the system to by pass them and when I bypass this module. The front screen and radio work fine.

The original module is a CPLA-11E001-AA but i can't find the exact module for sale second hand anywhere so i took a chance and bought a EPLA-11E001-AE module.

After plugging this in the rear screens light up with the Land Rover logo (which they didn't do with the old module) but now the radio doesn't work at all and the radio option on the front screen is greyed out.

Even if i plug the old module back in the radio is greyed out and doesn't work.

Should this 2nd hand module work and why is the radio not working now with either module?

Thanks
Rob