babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Has your build/delivery date been put back? (/Thread-Has-your-build-delivery-date-been-put-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - lulu101 - 21-10-2011 11:31am

(20-10-2011 06:06pm)simonc Wrote:  Major pain to have the build date pushed back so much - have they told you what the courtesy car is likely to be?

I've not been given a build date yet (though they reckoned "around March/April" when I put my build slot deposit down), but I was told they would probably know towards the end of the month when the order gets put through - not sure I want to bother chasing them on it though only to be disappointed later!

I don't have a build slot either, I did email a couple of weeks ago and was told it is still in the pool and that they will let me know when I get my build slot, I too don't want to chase anymore, doesn't seem any point at the moment Crying

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - mywillia - 21-10-2011 12:44pm

I'm sure it's been said on here before but I think you don't get a build slot until your order has been called by JLR.
I placed my deposit in September and my dealer were quite upfront about the fact that they had slots available for the December order call (nothing sooner as they had all been sold already)

I didn't understand the process at the time and was expecting to get a build date back fairly quickly. As I now understand it based on what my dealer has told me, my car is still scheduled to go into the December order call. At that point JLR will assign a build slot with a build date and from there an estimated delivery date. My dealer phoned me yesterday to let me know they had a Firenze red Evoque in the showroom now for me to look at (as I still haven't seen a Firenze in the flesh). Whilst he was on I asked him to confirm that I am still in the order call for December. He confirmed and said that my order will go to JLR very early in December.

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for an early Jan delivery but my dealer has already warned me that my delivery may slip a little due to "delays".
For anybody looking for a date I suggest you ask your dealer which "Order Call" your car is going to be placed in and if you don't like the response to shop around as there will be dealers with slots available (maybe)

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Mark - 21-10-2011 01:11pm

(21-10-2011 12:44pm)mywillia Wrote:  He confirmed and said that my order will go to JLR very early in December.

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for an early Jan delivery but my dealer has already warned me that my delivery may slip a little due to "delays".
For anybody looking for a date I suggest you ask your dealer which "Order Call" your car is going to be placed in and if you don't like the response to shop around as there will be dealers with slots available (maybe)

mmmm...interesting your dealer should say that. My order call is November but I am not expecting delivery until March, so if you get yours by Jan I would be well impressed......

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - vision*R - 21-10-2011 01:12pm

I've though about this process as well, but other people seem to have had their build date long before this order call, which you think is only a few weeks before the actual production?

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - mywillia - 21-10-2011 01:26pm

(21-10-2011 01:11pm)Mark Wrote:  if you get yours by Jan I would be well impressed......

At this stage I've no reason to doubt what my dealer is telling me. They've been upfront about the whole process and have contacted me whenever they have had something to update me with.
Notified me about potential slip due to production delays.
Notified me that they had a Firenze red available to view.

On both occasions they reconfirmed that I'm in a December order call with an expected late December build for Jan Delivery.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for January and if it's late I'll be looking for them to take my current car of my hands and put me in a loaner until mine arrives. FWIW my order form from the dealer quotes an "Est Delivery Date" of 1/1/2012.

If they've been stringing me along and the January date goes to march or later then i'll be p**s'd with them.
I could be eating my own words in a few months but for now I have faith that my dealer will keep to his word.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Urban Splash - 21-10-2011 02:00pm

So you don't have build/delivery dates from Vista yet?

I do, and have for a while, and my delivery date has gone from beginning of dec to end of Jan.

Surely if your order is not even on vista yet, you won't be getting your car till well into next year.....

That's how I understand it anyway.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - mywillia - 21-10-2011 02:12pm

Maybe I'm being too optimistic!

Looks like I'll be eating my words afterall.

Anybody like to place a bet on my delivery date as I don't yet have a build date from Vista?

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - GibEvoque - 21-10-2011 02:40pm

(21-10-2011 01:11pm)Mark Wrote:  mmmm...interesting your dealer should say that. My order call is November but I am not expecting delivery until March, so if you get yours by Jan I would be well impressed......

This iexactly the same as me, placed my order Sept 19th, for November order call, and is due end of march beginning of April (little further to go as it will be shipped to Valencia then put on a transportor via costa del sol dealers to Gibraltar)

I'll hopfully have a build date in 4 weeks or so.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - fam1x - 21-10-2011 02:53pm

YEs still havent got a delivery day order mine in July 2011 Sad

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - griff - 21-10-2011 03:11pm

Fingers crossed my car should have gone into build today. Just emailed dealer to see if there is any news. Trying times Wink