babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Has your build/delivery date been put back? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Has your build/delivery date been put back? (/Thread-Has-your-build-delivery-date-been-put-back)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - mk82 - 13-10-2011 12:26pm

In London another one is frusterated that its Evoque is delayed. Its called "Beast of Bushy".. Sorry, but just saw a picture in german papers. Smile

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - EVO PUNDITT - 13-10-2011 01:08pm

On the streets of London and other parts of the country you will find guys pushing trolleys collecting scrap metal, I think they are working for Land Rover as they have run out of metal,hence the delays

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - moonigan - 18-10-2011 03:22pm

My 5 door Dynamic should have been sat on my drive last Tuesday yet I'm still waiting. Apparantly the car is built and the dealer is waiting for it to arrive. You would think they could get them down the east lancs road pretty quickly.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - caroline11000 - 18-10-2011 03:28pm

(18-10-2011 03:22pm)moonigan Wrote:  My 5 door Dynamic should have been sat on my drive last Tuesday yet I'm still waiting. Apparantly the car is built and the dealer is waiting for it to arrive. You would think they could get them down the east lancs road pretty quickly.
At least it is built so you know it won't be long before you can get behind the wheel!

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - cjfp - 18-10-2011 03:35pm

I'll be Halewood direction over the weekend so I'll try and get some photos of what's what.

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - hybris - 18-10-2011 04:18pm

The latest info for my order. Did get a November production slot.

Current info is that all November orders for Prestige and Dynamic is delayed due to xenon issues. It will "probably" be sorted out in January. Meaning my order could "probably" go into production in January but no commitment on that.

That is what I know. I would not shoot the messenger (my dealer / channel dist) as they are also in the same world of pain.

But Land Rover need to get their act together on this. I would like to get a committed date within a week or two max! Not a "guess".

Still amazed on the customer management from Land Rover! Wow! They should not go into mass market with a car like the Evoque. They are not prepared...

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - MAC - 18-10-2011 05:09pm

My car was originally due for delivery on 30th October. Then two weeks ago it slipped a day to 31st, just had call from dealer to say car is built and should be with them in next couple of days!! A glimmer of hope for all of you still waiting, it MAY be earlier than you've been told. Hoping to collect at weekend. Can't wait!

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - mark_n - 18-10-2011 05:15pm

I wish we knew what the Xenon issue really is. At one level, of course, there's no headlight to hand to install in the car when it's made. But why not?

Is it simply a production scheduling problem at the manufacturer - are they too busy producing Xenons for, let's say, Hyundais to bother with this piffling top-up order from "Land Loaver"? Is there a shortage of parts making up the headlight because they're made in Fukushima and have gone radioactive? Are they in transit from China to the UK aboard some container ship which is taking forever to get here because noone had the foresight to send them by air?

Who knows? I assume LR do and they are not saying because of the amount of egg which would then be visible on their faces.
(18-10-2011 05:09pm)MAC Wrote:  My car was originally due for delivery on 30th October. Then two weeks ago it slipped a day to 31st, just had call from dealer to say car is built and should be with them in next couple of days!! A glimmer of hope for all of you still waiting, it MAY be earlier than you've been told. Hoping to collect at weekend. Can't wait!

Yes, good news for you. Does it have Xenons?

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - hybris - 18-10-2011 05:24pm

I heard that the did not expect everyone to order Xenon... Extremely bad planning! If you go into production with a concept car look / design. The customers that like this do you think that they would not order xenons that make out a large part of the looks??? Amazing! They seem to have no clue about the market... So my take is really bad planning around how many would add xenon!

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back? - berlin2011 - 18-10-2011 06:38pm

To add to glimmer of hope - my original delivery date was 1 Dec. Current ETA is 10 days earlier i.e. four and a bit weeks away (Xenons and Pano Roof included).

This being a Sept build, originally 16th but pushed out to 24/9 - long lead time to delivery being due to shipping half way across the world... Had I been in the UK I would've picked up this week.