babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wanted: Sill reinforcing bars - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: For Sale & Wanted (/Forum-For-Sale-Wanted)
+--- Thread: Wanted: Sill reinforcing bars (/Thread-Wanted-Sill-reinforcing-bars)

Sill reinforcing bars - jeffersj - 06-05-2021 09:31am

Anyone fitted side steps to a dynamic and want to get rid of the discarded reinforcing bars? side steps fitted to our car are a nuisance and muck collector so want them off but need to refit the bars.

Part numbers are LR33390 - right hand and LR33391 left hand. There are some on Fleabay at £60 each but not prpared to pay £120 just to take the steps off!

RE: Sill reinforcing bars - PhilSkill - 19-05-2021 09:18am

Hi Jeffersj

I have a pair of these sitting in my garage. Just fitted the OEM side steps, and was waiting to see if I was happy with them before discarding.

Make me an offer, postage wont be cheap as heavy.

Phil

RE: Sill reinforcing bars - jeffersj - 19-05-2021 11:34am

Phil Not sure how long you have had them fitted but as side steps I find that you cannot stand on them? not wide enough. They look good but reduce ground clearance, not that we will be doing much off-road. Before I read the fitting instructions on-line I had an attempt to take them off and the sills from the previous owner (just updated the car last month, now a 2018 HSE Dynamic in Fuji White) were solid with crud.

See how you get on and if you still want to sell the bars I will give it some thought.

Jeff

RE: Sill reinforcing bars - PhilSkill - 19-05-2021 12:56pm

ok cool Jeff. Yes they are less useful than the Non-oem ones I had previously certainly, but they were starting to corrode and I bashed one in an NCP parking with those ridiculous high anti car kerbs, saving the main body fortunately!.

Yes even the plastic sill covers were full of Mud when I removed them to fit the new steps.

Also note the plastic cill covers get cut outs in them to fit the OEM side steps.