babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Meridian standard hi-fi system - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Meridian standard hi-fi system (/Thread-Meridian-standard-hi-fi-system)

Pages: 1 2

Meridian standard hi-fi system - ytshome - 22-09-2011 10:26pm

Just thought that I had to mention this for anyone who was on a knife's edge regarding choosing between the standard or upgraded sound system.

I myself have the standard system and therefore I can't with hand on heart compare the two. However what I would say is that the standard one is absolutely fantastic. I've literally just come back into the house after downloading some albums on to the hard drive and listening to Life on Mars and Smoke on the water and I have to say it was bloody marvellous.

My last car was the Jaguar XF Portfolio, which had the top of the range "Bower and Wilkins" system and I really don't think that it was as goood as this standard piece of kit. I'm no huge music buff but I do know what I like and I really like this.

I suppose what I'm saying is that the upgraded system must be awesome and for those of you who have the readies I'm sure it will give immense pleasure. However, if you are anything like me and you haven't included it in a pack and you are just wondering what options to specify, I'd say save your money on this one and get the pan-roof or another option that will give you a lot of joy. Whichever you choose you'll be impressed and if you stick with the standard you certainly won't feel like a poor relation.

Meridian standard hi-fi system - DDX - 22-09-2011 10:51pm

Thank you! Thats a very useful post and good to know. I tend to choose the upgraded sound options when speccing a car but decided against it for once as the car will be primarily used as the 'family taxi'.

Good to know that I can enjoy a quality sound sytem when im out in the vehicle on my own.

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - PhilSkill - 22-09-2011 10:53pm

Thats good to hear yts, i like my music but was hoping the 300+ watt system would be good enough, as dont want it blasting, just good quality.

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - Spiderman - 23-09-2011 12:46am

I second YTS as what he writes is absolutely spot on, I was amazed by the sound on the standard 380watt system and it's iPod interface is excellent...truly awesome, so save your money and buy another 'would like or must have' option instead...

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - mark_n - 23-09-2011 09:29am

I agree too. Bob Stuart, who is the brains behind Meridian, is an exceptional talent and they are masters of digital signal processing used to correct in-car acoustics. One more reason why, actually, the Evoque represents fine value for money, IMHO.

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - evoqueboy - 23-09-2011 09:39am

Very helpful. Thanks guys!

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - M30 EVO - 23-09-2011 10:11am

Again, glad to hear the good reports. I enjoy 'quality' music, but couldn't stretch to the extra cost of the upgraded system. Pleased to hear some good feedback. Smile

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - GibEvoque - 23-09-2011 10:49am

Did give this some serious though as i really like good music in the car, i also have some pioneer DRS quipment in the cupboard if i am not happy with the standard gear.

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - cjfp - 23-09-2011 01:22pm

The std system comprises all the same processing chips etc, I was told by meridian that the upgrade is just louder with more speakers! Having said that, they couldn't tell me how large the hdd was!

RE: Meridian standard hi-fi system - Tekno - 23-09-2011 01:28pm

Good to hear. I personally felt spending money upgrading something the car already had would have been a waste - I was confident the standard system would be perfectly good.

Anyone know if I can plug in my USB drive full of MP4 movies and watch them on the screen or does it have to come off DVD? (cos I don't own any!)