babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - Charlie - 17-09-2011 07:02pm

Again nothing personal Ali but really annoying if some dealers are 'cherry picking' customers and orders especially those who've previously bought from them or buying two cars together. Just picking up on your dealer saying he's got orders in the system and he's specced one for you.

RE: Xenon delays - Wicksy - 17-09-2011 07:13pm

(17-09-2011 06:37pm)alibeau Wrote:  I only placed my order a week ago for a Dynamic and at that point was advised Jan/Feb delivery. Been to dealer today, he checked the system and advised that the date has been brought forward to November 17th. He said that they already had orders in the system and they have specced one of those for me!?!

I asked about any potential problems re xenons, he smiled (as he already suspects I am a 'mystery shopper' as I seem to know more than he does about whats going on thanks to this forum) but he said that it will not effect my order......

I hope he is telling the truth and/or is well informed, only time will tell........

If the November delivery date turns into a reality I will be delighted to say the least......

Ali Smile

Only the Pure models are affected by the Xenon problem

RE: Xenon delays - cjfp - 17-09-2011 07:22pm

@wicksy - "only pures are affected" - that's part of my point, having had deposit on for over year - I should get my pure with xenons before alibeau gets her prestige. Model should be irrelevant.

Sorry b4 Ali gets her dynamic.

RE: Xenon delays - Wicksy - 17-09-2011 07:25pm

(17-09-2011 07:22pm)cjfp Wrote:  @wicksy - "only pures are affected" - that's part of my point, having had deposit on for over year - I should get my pure with xenons before alibeau gets her prestige. Model should be irrelevant.
Yes, I understand that - but in her post she mentions that she has ordered a Dynamic and says her order is unaffected by the Xenon issue - that's why I pointed out that this only applies to PuresConfused

RE: Xenon delays - cjfp - 17-09-2011 07:26pm

Gotcha.

RE: Xenon delays - vinny - 17-09-2011 07:37pm

Should be first come first served irrespective of model ordered.Its a joke anyway having a model with halogens as standard from such a "prestige" manufacturer.

RE: Xenon delays - Tekno - 17-09-2011 08:02pm

For what it's worth, I've ordered a TD4 Dynamic and was told yesterday that my build was complete even though my build sheet gives 18 October as the complete date.

RE: Xenon delays - Wicksy - 17-09-2011 08:06pm

(17-09-2011 08:02pm)Tekno Wrote:  For what it's worth, I've ordered a TD4 Dynamic and was told yesterday that my build was complete even though my build sheet gives 18 October as the complete date.
Good that you have got your date brought forward but the Dynamic isn't affected by the Xenon problem in any case - its only us poor souls who have ordered the Pure that are going to be well and truly peed offMad

RE: Xenon delays - bell-auto-services - 18-09-2011 12:18pm

Dynamics are affected by the zenons, i have 2 cars on order a coupe and a 5 door and up to now only the coupe is affected but dates are constantly changing daily for both cars.

That said the coupe is affected a lot more than the 5 door.

Pete

RE: Xenon delays - andyuk - 18-09-2011 12:23pm

I did not realise you could order a TD4 dynamic here in UK?