babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - MJS - 10-10-2011 08:59pm

Hi,
I ordered mine in May, with a late Nov delivery. Dealer e-mailed me today to confirm slight slip in delivery to 02/12/11. Pleasantly surprised given some of the other dates being posted. Fingers crossed the slip doesn't turn into a long slide......

RE: Xenon delays - vinny - 10-10-2011 09:02pm

Just sold my BMW 123d coupe today,took 9 weeks to go but eventually somebody bought it.
Looking for a cheap jimny/terios/vitara etc for next 3 months which will be in demand around the same time as the evoque rolls into town so easy to move on (hopefully for a profit)
Didnt fancy trying to sell the BM in november/december so well happy Very Happy

Xenon delays - LP - 20-10-2011 11:33pm

Feel a bit bad for reviving this old thread but I was speaking to my dealer the other day and he said the issue with the Xenons was to do with the supply of a lever for switching the throw of the lights when driving abroad.

Any chance one of the 5 people who have got their cars can get a photo of this phantom lever?

RE: Xenon delays - bell-auto-services - 20-10-2011 11:39pm

cjfp, my car is SD4, FRed, glass foor on Dynamic. Adaptive Xenons etc etc and was also showing delivery the end of October also and its now built. This means with fingers crossed they have just made a batch of FRed cars and yours may be one of them.

You may get the call any day

Pete

RE: Xenon delays - QUATTROMAN - 21-10-2011 12:17am

(20-10-2011 11:33pm)LP Wrote:  Feel a bit bad for reviving this old thread but I was speaking to my dealer the other day and he said the issue with the Xenons was to do with the supply of a lever for switching the throw of the lights when driving abroad.

Any chance one of the 5 people who have got their cars can get a photo of this phantom lever?

Hi,
It says in owners manual page 42
"HEADLAMPS - DRIVING ABROAD
The headlamp beam pattern is suitable for
driving on either side of the road. There is no
need for any mechanical adjustment or external
decals."

RE: Xenon delays - cjfp - 21-10-2011 04:54am

@bas - I like your optimism! Thx, but somehow I fear the worst.

Xenon delays - LP - 21-10-2011 06:51am

Thanks Quattroman. Looks like I have been the victim of faulty information. Can't say I'm surprised. Seems the dealers know as much as us...

RE: Xenon delays - mark_n - 21-10-2011 07:12am

I'm not sure knowledge of the product is seen as a pre-requisite to being a Land Rover salesman.