babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - Urban Splash - 06-10-2011 06:38pm

Hi,

Just spoke to my dealer. He explained that a memo has gone round to all dealers explaining the delay. He read it out, and it explained the situation. I suggest you all contact your dealers to do the same.

Basically, the re-allocation of build slots is complete to deal with the delays. The build date now shown on your order as of today is accurate. In my case, it's slipped a few days further and is now for delivery on 28th December. Get your dealer to check the system and read you the build dates and delivery dates.

You never know, but LR may even offer something to compensate for the delays Wink

RE: Xenon delays - defender_uk - 06-10-2011 06:41pm

haha... dream on compensation.....hahaha......but hopefully they won'f be too delayed now....

RE: Xenon delays - DynamicRRV - 06-10-2011 06:42pm

Compensation???......Premium mats,mudflaps?? Would be nice.

RE: Xenon delays - xxxx5 - 06-10-2011 06:43pm

Urban Splash, anything in the memo about Xenons on Pure's that you can share with us?

RE: Xenon delays - caroline11000 - 06-10-2011 07:08pm

(06-10-2011 06:27pm)DDX Wrote:  Caroline, my dynamic from the same dealer as uou is delayed but I had to call them to find out. Might be worth giving them a ring. Ask them to check your order on the vista system.
I feel like I am pestering though as I only asked last week about delay/xenons and he said my order remained the same, but I will give them a ring in the morning now I know yours has been delayed. Watch this space!

RE: Xenon delays - EVO PUNDITT - 06-10-2011 07:37pm

xxxx5 I think I might join you and head off to BMW,but find out about xenons first and if removed then yes deposit back, reject and off to BMW!
caroline11000 don't worry about pestering them just do it,cause if you wait for them to contact you,you'll be waiting a long time.

RE: Xenon delays - Urban Splash - 06-10-2011 08:11pm

Hi,

I guess what I was trying to say subtly was that the memo might of mentioned 'incentives' to make up for the delays....

No specific mention of pure/headlight issues. More along the lines of 'supply issues'. Therefore, those who have Pure orders placed with xenons will get them. Obviously Pure will also be delayed also. I think there has been 4 weeks of production lost..... Also, production is slower than expected, mainly to make sure the quality is spot on. Dealer reports no issues yet from customer cars, which is a good sign.

RE: Xenon delays - JRL2W - 06-10-2011 09:36pm

Had email from dealer, earlier this evening, to advise delivery date pushed back from 30th December to 12th January. Hope that this is now the correct date and that there is no more slippage.

RE: Xenon delays - xxxx5 - 06-10-2011 09:42pm

Any mention of the Xenons, from you dealer?

RE: Xenon delays - JRL2W - 06-10-2011 10:31pm

(06-10-2011 09:42pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Any mention of the Xenons, from you dealer?

we were made aware this morning of a parts supply issue with Evoque - direct quote from dealer email.