babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - Evoqess - 01-10-2011 07:10am

Vinny :
"When did Canada convert to kms anyway? thought you were still hanging in there with the good old imperial mile!!"
------------------------------------------------

Not sure about the metric conversion date Vinny (being a transplanted Aussie) - but definitely all distances here north of the border are in km. But we buy veggies by the pound, so the proximity to the US has an effect with some remnants of the imperial system.

Now back to the topic of delays. At this point, I'm afraid to call my dealer. No news is good news - and my Evoque has to traverse the Atlantic. Yikes!Confused

RE: Xenon delays - PhilSkill - 01-10-2011 10:16pm

(01-10-2011 07:10am)Evoqess Wrote:  Now back to the topic of delays. At this point, I'm afraid to call my dealer. No news is good news - and my Evoque has to traverse the Atlantic. Yikes!Confused

Fingers crossed you don't get delayed Evoqess.

Is there anyone still waiting to go into build (with Xenons) that hasn't been delayed in the last couple of weeks? At least if we're all in the same boat we know it's really is a build issue and we're all affected!

RE: Xenon delays - Token - 01-10-2011 10:45pm

I went to the dealership this morning and asked them to check my build date...he mentioned the xenons and nervously went to check...he came back a few minutes later and confirmed my delivery date remains 2nd November.

Fingers crossed it sticks.

He did say there were loads of cars built and sitting there waiting for headlights.

RE: Xenon delays - PhilSkill - 01-10-2011 10:56pm

(01-10-2011 10:45pm)Token Wrote:  He did say there were loads of cars built and sitting there waiting for headlights.

That has to be a challenge for any photographers in the area... Smile

Good news for you Token

RE: Xenon delays - mark_n - 02-10-2011 02:11am

I think you'll find these cars are out of sight...

RE: Xenon delays - Alex - 02-10-2011 09:22am

Went to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed a slip to my order and it now arrives Dec 16th - so a 20 day shift from the 24th. Looks like I will have to update my signature.

On a positve note I'm looking at it as an early Christmas present. Also that means I can now collect the christmas tree in my old car before part exchange without messing up my new evque with pine needles everywhere!

RE: Xenon delays - Wicksy - 02-10-2011 10:15am

(02-10-2011 09:22am)Alex Wrote:  Went to my dealer yesterday and he confirmed a slip to my order and it now arrives Dec 16th - so a 20 day shift from the 24th. Looks like I will have to update my signature.

On a positve note I'm looking at it as an early Christmas present. Also that means I can now collect the christmas tree in my old car before part exchange without messing up my new evque with pine needles everywhere!
Don't you think you'd be better off waiting an extra week and register a 2012 model? - mines due on December 9 but I'm going to wait just that little bit longer

RE: Xenon delays - Alex - 02-10-2011 10:28am

(02-10-2011 10:15am)Wicksy Wrote:  Don't you think you'd be better off waiting an extra week and register a 2012 model? - mines due on December 9 but I'm going to wait just that little bit longer

I wasn't aware of that, but what is the cut off date between years? Also when you say wait a week what for registration would that not be done through dealer, or is it me at collection?

RE: Xenon delays - kevoque - 02-10-2011 10:54am

Don't get it registered on 24th as it would be on your documents as a 2011 model wait a week and get it registered on 1st jan 2012 and it will be a 2012 more money when trading in !!!
Kev

RE: Xenon delays - JRL2W - 02-10-2011 04:00pm

Not sure if dealers will permit delaying registration, once they have model delivered. Something a LR dealer told me when my D4 arrived on 4th December (was due 27th) it had to be registered asap, to boost that years sales figures.

Worth a try thoughTwisted Evil