babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - vinny - 28-09-2011 10:13pm

(28-09-2011 07:32am)Evoqess Wrote:  
(27-09-2011 09:31pm)J77 Wrote:  4yrs Shocked

Um, it's a Canadian thing I guess.
4 years or 80,000 km. Seems to be industry standard here.

http://www.landrover.com/ca/en/rr/owners/owner-benefits/owner-benefits/

I'll keep it to myself next time Wink

Suppose 80,000kms is only 50,000 miles so uk is still a better deal for the higher mileage drivers.
When did Canada convert to kms anyway? thought you were still hanging in there with the good old imperial mile!!

RE: Xenon delays - Evoque U - 28-09-2011 10:16pm

Hi guys I was at the Halewood factory today and asked 5 different people about the xenons and if there were any delays, all of them answered not as far as they are aware. Nothing was holding production up, all cars were still proceeding in there current build slot and if there were any missing parts they would be put on at the end of it rolling off the production line.

RE: Xenon delays - Carlos - 28-09-2011 11:06pm

Anyone form LR can give a light on this? I think that nobody is telling the truth

RE: Xenon delays - 3VOQU3 - 30-09-2011 04:54am

I was just called by my dealership,

My Jan delivered car is now Feb delivered.. Reason i was given was that no xenons for November build.. so it had to be pushed back to December build..

Mine was optioned up Pure tho.. maybe if they are standard they are going ahead as usual

Why dont Land Rover respect their clientel and actually let people know whast going on?

RE: Xenon delays - Alex - 30-09-2011 07:04am

I wouldn't necessarily blame LR but would say dealers could have a hand in the misinformation. However this forum is bridging feedback on issues from a multitude of sources so it doesn't surprise me that there are some anomalies.

There is obviously an issue with production (ref xenons), but from my point of view I do not think it matters that we need a full mitigation plan on how LR plans to resolve in house technical issues but just simply either an apology from the dealer if our order has shifted and confirmation as to when we will receive our vehicle.

RE: Xenon delays - blacktrees1 - 30-09-2011 10:20pm

I had build date of 9th December and now it is 6th January........

RE: Xenon delays - PhilSkill - 30-09-2011 10:41pm

(30-09-2011 10:20pm)blacktrees1 Wrote:  I had build date of 9th December and now it is 6th January........

Yep Mine was originally supposed to go into build today... now it's 5 weeks later Sad

The piece of string just got longer....

RE: Xenon delays - Daigriff - 30-09-2011 11:33pm

[quote='PhilSkill'

Yep Mine was originally supposed to go into build today... now it's 5 weeks later :(

The piece of string just got longer....
[/quote]

I just don't understand it, how can some orders like ours suddenly drop 5 weeks... 1 or 2 weeks maybe but why 5...it just doesn't make sense. I hope the dealers aren't taking the p**s.

Really annoyed!!

RE: Xenon delays - PhilSkill - 01-10-2011 12:23am

(30-09-2011 11:33pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I just don't understand it, how can some orders like ours suddenly drop 5 weeks... 1 or 2 weeks maybe but why 5...it just doesn't make sense. I hope the dealers aren't taking the p**s.

Really annoyed!!

It is a concern and no reason offered as yet, if it was just down to a supply of xenons surely 70% of orders would be delayed which would be a disaster for LR, and I can understand production lines working in batches but not a batch every month! So I dont get it either,
I would like to think its not down to foul play by dealers or LR themselves and they will honour orders in a timely way and its just genuine teething problems, but its hard to take when the cars are coming through and I paid deposit and ordered pretty damn early.

I saw a trailer load on the M25 and did wonder did they get ordered before mine?

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, knew there would likely be problems, and am determined not to let this spoil the experience... but... come on LR.

RE: Xenon delays - Rehan - 01-10-2011 01:31am

My build date is 14th october for 5dr dynamic firenze red. Not heard from dealer as yet, dreading the call as most peoples orders have been delayed by atleast 4 weeks.