babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Xenon delays - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Xenon delays (/Thread-Xenon-delays)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Xenon delays - EVO PUNDITT - 19-09-2011 09:51am

Just spoke to my Dealer now and they confirmed that there is a problem with the xenon
and due to that they cannot confirm a build date on my Pure.Which would have been built mid Oct,so now there is no date. Cant blame the dealers,they are in the middle and have no say in the matter. Land Rover have messed up big time,whatever next!

RE: Xenon delays - M30 EVO - 19-09-2011 02:12pm

Just spoken to my dealer who, as above, has confirmed the supply issues with xenon's.

They checked on the order system for me and at present my delivery date at the end of November is unchanged. However, they said that they wont know for certain until the end of this week. Apparently LR are still in the process of 'shuffleing' orders around to maintain production rates.

Again, my dealer also confirmed that some of there other customer orders have been moved back / brought forward, all depending on whether or not xenon's have been specced.

Fingers crossed LR have sorted there supply issues by the time mine is due to be built!!

RE: Xenon delays - cjfp - 19-09-2011 02:27pm

LR shuffling things around to maintain output - all sounds like a recipe for disaster, or at least more cars without rear cameras!

RE: Xenon delays - M30 EVO - 19-09-2011 02:48pm

You, never know, there maybe some prestige's leaving the factory with a dynamic exterior...... some people would be happy Laughing ......... until they realise they don't have xenon headlights Embarrassed

RE: Xenon delays - cjfp - 19-09-2011 03:57pm

It appears that my delivery has been put back 4 weeks - not happy but I am believing that this gives them extra time to make sure it is 100% perfect!

RE: Xenon delays - Urban Splash - 19-09-2011 06:40pm

My prestige build has slipped 2 weeks. Not happy

RE: Xenon delays - Louie - 19-09-2011 06:54pm

(18-09-2011 09:41pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  
(18-09-2011 08:06pm)cjfp Wrote:  Could halogens be upgraded to Adaptive Xenons easily (BAS?). If so and if mine were to come with Halogen and £££ and a promise to upgrade when units available then I might be tempted. Ultimately I would however like the car I ordered from the outset.

I think they will be upgradable to normal zenons though im not sure as of yet the cost and process needed to activate them. Adaptive zenons from the wireing diagrams look out of the question as a feasible upgrade.

Pete

Pete,

Can you please advise whether a different wiring loom needs to be fitted to a Pure to allow the Xenons to be fitted or is the loom standard across the ranges? If the loom is standard i assume that the Xenons could be retro fitted by the dealer post delivery?Confused:Confused:

RE: Xenon delays - wrtau23 - 19-09-2011 09:24pm

Does Problem with Xenon's mean that they will not work or that there is a shortage of Xenon's?

RE: Xenon delays - EVO PUNDITT - 23-09-2011 08:47am

Any body had a confirmation regarding xenon lights issue been resolved? Wicksy wrote on another thread his pure is ok, but delayed slightly.Best news so far , could do with more confirmations.

RE: Xenon delays - griff - 23-09-2011 08:51am

(19-09-2011 09:24pm)wrtau23 Wrote:  Does Problem with Xenon's mean that they will not work or that there is a shortage of Xenon's?
Manufacturing shortage due to their popularity