babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Side step advice please - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Side step advice please (/Thread-Side-step-advice-please)

Side step advice please - monet208 - 22-07-2018 06:22pm

17 plate 5 door evoque with tech pack
Hi with my first post
I want to fit some side steps to my new evoque
Having found a u tube video of the fitting it seems as if you have to move some trim to fit them but I am unsure whether the video is showing non genuine side steps
Has anyone any experience of fitting either genuine or non genuine side steps
Any recommendations of where to purchase if there are decent non genuine ones out there that are easy to fit?
Thanks
David

RE: Side step advice please - PhilSkill - 23-07-2018 02:23pm

Hi Yes genuine ones and some non genuine ones have brackets fitted under the lower trim. You also need a tool to fit the RivNuts as the mounting points are just holes from factory.

I have ones that bolt underneath using brackets to the chassis points which I fitted myself. If it comes with U shaped brackets it's probably like mine. If they look more like a Box section they will be like the genuine ones.

RE: Side step advice please - monet208 - 23-07-2018 06:07pm

(23-07-2018 02:23pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Yes genuine ones and some non genuine ones have brackets fitted under the lower trim. You also need a tool to fit the RivNuts as the mounting points are just holes from factory.

I have ones that bolt underneath using brackets to the chassis points which I fitted myself. If it comes with U shaped brackets it's probably like mine. If they look more like a Box section they will be like the genuine ones.

Thankyou
Do you have any photos of the fitting underneath

RE: Side step advice please - PhilSkill - 23-07-2018 09:59pm

Sorry can't find anything

But here's one of mine!

[attachment=4756]

RE: Side step advice please - RREVO - 24-07-2018 12:07pm

(22-07-2018 06:22pm)monet208 Wrote:  17 plate 5 door evoque with tech pack
Hi with my first post
I want to fit some side steps to my new evoque
Having found a u tube video of the fitting it seems as if you have to move some trim to fit them but I am unsure whether the video is showing non genuine side steps
Has anyone any experience of fitting either genuine or non genuine side steps
Any recommendations of where to purchase if there are decent non genuine ones out there that are easy to fit?
Thanks
David

There's a previous thread here where you can see images of the ones I fitted to my dymamic 5 door.
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Side-Steps--8568

RE: Side step advice please - Gti Aps - 22-09-2021 09:47pm

Hi I went with side bars not steps they came stainless but I had them stripped and powder coated gloss black