babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
First viewing - initial thoughts - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: First viewing - initial thoughts (/Thread-First-viewing-initial-thoughts)

First viewing - initial thoughts - DynamiqueDan - 12-09-2011 11:44pm

So I had a good nosy round the dealership at the weekend and came away with a good feeling about the car.

Some thoughts though:

A few pieces of cheap trim let the interior down in my view - the black shiny cup holder slider was awfully flimsy and the back of the seats string magazine holder was not worthy of a car a quarter of its price - why oh why do they do this? it would have cost them no more than a couple of quid to source better components.

I am getting a dynamic and I am relieved at this as the 3 prestige leather seats that I saw were very poorly made and the leather sagged and rippled in all the ones I examined.

All the cars but one were fitted with conti cross contact and this has zero side wall protection for the alloys. I can envisage a lot of kerbed alloy forum posts very soon!

There was one petrol turbo model that had dunlops (or michellins? one of the two! I forget!) on its 20" and these had excellent protection for the alloys - a good half inch of it - I wonder how we go about getting these fitted as standard!

RE: First viewing - initial thoughts - memota - 13-09-2011 12:39am

Congrats!

Which model(s) did you look at? Dynamic? Did it have regular or sports seats, i.e. was the quality of the regular Dynamic seats any better?

RE: First viewing - initial thoughts - mark_n - 13-09-2011 08:52am

Which tyres you get seems to be a bit of a lottery, I agree with you about the "I've suffed a wheel - again" posts. Perhaps there should be a separate forum for them to keep the wailing and knashing of teeth in one place.

Perhaps Duckworth could source a "I wear my scuffs with pride" badge...

RE: First viewing - initial thoughts - DynamiqueDan - 13-09-2011 05:47pm

(13-09-2011 12:39am)memota Wrote:  Congrats!

Which model(s) did you look at? Dynamic? Did it have regular or sports seats, i.e. was the quality of the regular Dynamic seats any better?

We have a dynamic on order; I just preferred the regular Dynamic seats and not the leather on the prestige models - all just a matter of taste I guess.