babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? (/Thread-Chrome-under-windows-different-in-coupe-vs-5-door)

Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - memota - 12-09-2011 03:19pm

Ok random one

It seems that in the prestige 5 door there is chrome where the side windows meet the body, but from the Beckham press shots in the coupe prestige it's black.

Look at the shot it the top of this forum too.

Brochure looks that way too.

Can anyone confirm please?

RE: Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - vision*R - 12-09-2011 03:27pm

It's supposed to be silver but lots of pre-production cars were kind of a mix-up between different trims.

RE: Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - berlin2011 - 12-09-2011 03:35pm

Yes, that's correct - price lists, brochures etc. all indicate this as well.

Waist finisher on 5 door Prestige only is Bright Polished and on ALL other cars is Gloss Black

RE: Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - memota - 13-09-2011 10:43am

Thanks guys

That might explain why I'm drawn to the Prestige Coupe - it's more like the LRX

RE: Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - Charlie - 13-09-2011 12:32pm

from a portion of the brochure....

Prestige features include:
•Waist finisher in high gloss black(Coupé only), Satin Brushed Aluminium (five-door models only)
•Bonnet louvres in Atlas (Coupé only).

Personal choice is with the black finisher which is why I prefer the coupe in Prestige, just my opinion

RE: Chrome under windows - different in coupe vs 5 door? - Daigriff - 13-09-2011 12:58pm

(13-09-2011 12:32pm)Charlie Wrote:  Personal choice is with the black finisher which is why I prefer the coupe in Prestige, just my opinion

oohh and I like the chromeWink Mrs DG has it on her black mini and it really sets the paintwork off nicely...imhoSmile

I think different trim/finishers suit different coloured cars/interiors...so many choices.