babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
CO2 offset - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: CO2 offset (/Thread-CO2-offset)

CO2 offset - abcya - 10-09-2011 04:17pm

Under Options on my order I have been charged £75 (presumably plus VAT) for CO2 offset. The dealer told me that it is not optional. Have you all (had to) pay this?
There's a whole discussion / argument that this might provoke about care for the planet versus freedom of choice, but I don't like 'options' that aren't optional. Who does the money go to...and what do they do with it?

RE: CO2 offset - ED209 - 10-09-2011 04:19pm

plant some trees.

In my opinion the co2 thing is a big con anyway

RE: CO2 offset - ytshome - 10-09-2011 04:23pm

Hi,

It showed upon my invoice like that too but it's just the way they Land rover do their invoices. The reality is that the Co2 offset is in the price of the cars on the road price (The Government even make us pay vat at 20% on it).

Personally, I think it's just a publicity thing that makes Land Rover look as though its doing its bit to offset its ongoing car emissions, when the reality is seen (certainly by the government)assomething a little different, hence the vat payment.

RE: CO2 offset - caroline11000 - 10-09-2011 04:41pm

On my invoice they have charged £60 +vat

RE: CO2 offset - LP - 10-09-2011 04:56pm

I questioned it and it is not optional.Would have preferred to put the money towards something useful...

RE: CO2 offset - defender_uk - 10-09-2011 09:51pm

we have had to pay this 'option' for ages. yes a publicity thing, and yes all a con really!