babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Issues with Paint from Japan - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Issues with Paint from Japan (/Thread-Issues-with-Paint-from-Japan)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - paulus599 - 27-04-2011 11:28pm

is it similar to the Sparkling Silver that you get on a mini, i.e a metallic champagne colour

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - GeordieBoy - 27-04-2011 11:39pm

Champagne is the easiest way to describe it. There are 2 cars in the showroom at the moment in it. A D4 and a FL2

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - Blackseries - 02-05-2011 10:51am

Update from factory.......

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/05/merck-japan-idUSL3E7F42MP20110405

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - LRX - 02-05-2011 01:00pm

Excellent news! Maybe we'll get the specified paints after all.

Excellent find Blackseries - thanks for sharing.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - vinda - 02-05-2011 03:33pm

Excellent

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - Kermit - 03-05-2011 01:51am

(02-05-2011 01:00pm)LRX Wrote:  Excellent news! Maybe we'll get the specified paints after all.

Yes it is good news however there still will be a delay in production for those colours that have been identified as being affected. Only when the Merck has ramped up production will Land Rover be able to specify availability dates for the affected colours.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - Blackseries - 13-05-2011 11:19pm

Merck Resumes Xirallic Paint Pigment Production in Japan from May 13th - 2 weeks earlier than expected.

German chemical company Merck has resumed operations at its paint pigment plant in Japan.

The Onahama plant, which closed in the wake of March's earthquake and tsunami, is the sole source of the Xirallic paint pigment used by companies such as Toyota Motor, Ford Motor, General Motors and Honda Motor.

In March, the loss of this pigment forced major car-makers to stop producing vehicles in certain colours and search for new paint suppliers, according to Reuters.

Merck plans to set up an alternative production plant for Xirallic-effect pigments.

The company is also considering plans to expand its Xirallic pigment production to Germany by the end of 2011, in an attempt to ensure a reliable supply as of 2012.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - mart - 26-05-2011 04:47pm

I have an evoque dynamic on order, wanted the red but due to problems with the red I had to switch to white. My car is supposed to be delivered sometime in Oct.

However, I went to the Evoque live show on Sat which was really good by the way. The problem with that of course is you see the actual car in the colour you want! but they did say that the red paint is now available but not on the Pure. Does anyone know if this is correct, the thing is i don't want to change colour and then finish up delaying the order.

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - MW73 - 26-05-2011 07:39pm

I was told that if I want the red which I had originally ordered I would have to delay my build slot and delivery date! So I'm sticking with my alternative colour Smile

RE: Issues with Paint from Japan - paulus599 - 26-05-2011 11:08pm

What has been said elsewhere on the forum is that LR have a small amount of the Firenze red. If you have a car that is due for delivery in the first batch (sept) then you can have that colour, as long as this was the colour that you originally ordered (even if you have subsequently changed).
Hope that makes sense!