babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sport Mode returns better MPG?? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Sport Mode returns better MPG?? (/Thread-Sport-Mode-returns-better-MPG)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Sport Mode returns better MPG?? - PhilSkill - 02-05-2012 09:20pm

Is it just because we have higher ambient temps... less heat required to get warm, better diesel with less winter additives etc.

RE: Sport Mode returns better MPG?? - RREVO - 03-05-2012 09:56am

(01-05-2012 08:14pm)masmullin Wrote:  Are all you guys who get better MPG in S mode driving diesels?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the engine warming up faster because you have higher RPMs.

I wonder if you would save even more if you flipped back into D after you've done 4km or so.

The improved MPG in Sport Mode isn't just limited to the diesel engine, as I posted earlier it's happening with my petrol engine too. Very Happy

RE: Sport Mode returns better MPG?? - ant - 19-05-2012 07:37pm

Just to update, I'm now averaging 28.9mpg on my last tankful, driving almost exclusively in S mode. Mostly around town/stop start, motoring.
Interestingly if you use cruise control in S mode, it seems to go into 6th above about 51mph.
Going on a long motorway journey tomorrow (Luton airport) so I'll reset the trip and see what I get in S. I have been up to about 34.4 on motorway journeys in D mode.
ANT