babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Paint treatment- is it worth it? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Paint treatment- is it worth it? (/Thread-Paint-treatment-is-it-worth-it)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - Nickm - 10-09-2011 10:14pm

Gina don't do it. I am really into car detailing and it would be the biggest waste you spending out that money! I'd do it for you for a day to show you how I could do a better job!, and with just £50 worth of products.

Now help me, I'm driving to Newcastle, tell me of a really nice hotel I can stay at!! Thanks!

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - xxxx5 - 10-09-2011 10:24pm

(10-09-2011 10:14pm)Nickm Wrote:  Gina don't do it. I am really into car detailing and it would be the biggest waste you spending out that money! I'd do it for you for a day to show you how I could do a better job!, and with just £50 worth of products.

Now help me, I'm driving to Newcastle, tell me of a really nice hotel I can stay at!! Thanks!

Totally agree, I know a close friend who works for a major BMW dealer and he said it isn't worth the money. A good range of meguirs products will keep your RRE looking good.

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - GinaS - 10-09-2011 10:29pm

Hi,
Thanks for your advice guys -it may as well be a foreign language to me. Problem is I don't really know of anyone local who will do it all for me. I'm high maintenance don't want the car to be too!!Surprised
Right -in terms of hotels- depends what type of hotel you want to stay in and what part of Newcastle?

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - kevoque - 10-09-2011 10:31pm

Totally agree never have and never will waste of money !! My opinion I prefer doing it myself and seeing the finish that you get by doing it yourself
Recommend autoglym hd wax
As Mr Miagee said "wax on wax off"
Kev

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - GinaS - 10-09-2011 10:35pm

Hi kevoque,
I'd rather wax my legs-ha ha. Actually forget that if I'm honest I'd rather pay for that too....sorry guess that makes me a lazy mare!

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - kevoque - 10-09-2011 10:38pm

Lol well this conversation has changed from paint protection to wax to body hair what are you Geordies like !!! Lol

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - Zermatt Vulgaris - 10-09-2011 10:38pm

you should be able get a decent local car detailer who will do a post purchase protection that will be a million times better than any dealer applied supaguard or similar .

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - xxxx5 - 10-09-2011 10:39pm

(10-09-2011 10:35pm)GinaS Wrote:  Hi kevoque,
I'd rather wax my legs-ha ha. Actually forget that if I'm honest I'd rather pay for that too....sorry guess that makes me a lazy mare!

I will wax the car for you, and give the legs a go as well. It can't be that hard! Surprised

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - kevoque - 10-09-2011 10:42pm

Gina time to log off as this might get a bit below the belt in more ways than one !! Lol

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it? - Nickm - 10-09-2011 10:47pm

Megs are good, but better bespoke products out there...Zaino, DoDo and Poorboys......but £50 will get you a good treatment.

Gina, something very nice, contemporary. Central, although I will be in West Bolden and South Tyneside....

I like Hotel Du Vin down here, what's the Newcastle one like?