babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Delayed orders - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Delayed orders (/Thread-Delayed-orders)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Delayed orders - Evoqess - 21-09-2011 07:02pm

"May not be driven"!! That sounds crazy! Let's hope this is a rumor as for some this could lead to order cancellations. Sad

RE: Delayed orders - defender_uk - 21-09-2011 07:37pm

now what!!!!

RE: Delayed orders - richardk - 22-09-2011 06:45am

(21-09-2011 02:57pm)ajmooseman Wrote:  Just had a reply from my dealer, ( he emailed me and didn;t have to chase) he's just checked again and delivery is now Showing 3rd November, which I still happy with. It's actually 12 days earlier than my original date, all my paperwork states 15th, but a telephone call 2 weeks ago suggested 27th October. Anyway still happy at the moment,the cayenne should go tomorrow, so it's 6 weeks of white van man.

The salesman has been really good these past few days. Given that my order has gone from 26/09 to 23/12, he's been trying to source a car for me. Unfortunately, the cars that I might have bought all had the 4k black alloys fitted ( & some other extras) pushing the price nearly 6k more than my original orderSad
We also had a look on vista, and my order has now moved to 24/12. I decided to wait as I really can't justify the extra cost for the sake of 6k.

Delayed orders - DDX - 22-09-2011 07:02am

What is vista?

Mentioned this in another thread but my dealer seems unable to check the order status of my car for a delay or earlier than anticipated arrival - either that or he simply just doesnt want to check. Finding this very annoying as I am planning to sell my wifes cuurent car before the Evoque arrives and need to time it carefully.

RE: Delayed orders - cjfp - 22-09-2011 07:07am

@ddx - Vista is the LR order/scheduling databank. Your dealer should be able to send u an email with a download of your order. Its interesting to read through and there is a section on the various 'dates' currently associated with your order.

RE: Delayed orders - Alex - 22-09-2011 07:25am

(22-09-2011 07:07am)cjfp Wrote:  @ddx - Vista is the LR order/scheduling databank. Your dealer should be able to send u an email with a download of your order. Its interesting to read through and there is a section on the various 'dates' currently associated with your order.

Did not know this I will call my dealer today to ask for this.

As my car is further down the line (supposedly end of November) do vistas still apply given the present window or is it something that only applies within a certain time slot?

Will ask my dealer regardless - funny he has never mentioned this service before.

RE: Delayed orders - ajmooseman - 22-09-2011 07:53am

Alex I think vista applies at all times, it's basically LR production status system, the Dealers place there orders though this system and then they can check it's progress at any point. As soon as a car s placed on the system it is given build and delivery dates. I would guess that normal when placing an order for a new car (not at launch of a car) that the system works well and that delaers can pretty much go by the original date given, and have no reason to keep checking. This is obviously not the case with the launch of the Evoque and salesmen aren't checking the system for every car they have sold every other day. TBH I'm guessing this situation is a nightmare for them as well.

Looking back at post's it seems that the Prestige seem to be the worst hit?

RE: Delayed orders - Tekno - 22-09-2011 07:59am

There's so many claims on this site of problems (cracked glass, cameras missing, xenon shortage, chassis problems, cars not able to be driven etc.) that I've not heard of anywhere else that I'm beginning to wonder how accurate this all is.

Any chance people are logging on to here and just making stuff up?

RE: Delayed orders - DDX - 22-09-2011 08:31am

Thank you cjfp. Will get on the case now.

RE: Delayed orders - GibEvoque - 22-09-2011 08:35am

My dealer had informed me that there was a supply issue with Xenons, but that this was t be rectified shortly, as to other issues he was unaware of them.

Though he actually told me how the Vista thing worked voluntarily and said he would send me the print out once the order dropped in from the 'holding pool' (this is where it sits untill dealer slots are finalised). All this info was provided voluntarily.

Going on some of the other experience people are having, I seem to have a very good dealer, which is good, but strange as if you want an RR you have to go to them as no other option.