babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Real world mpg - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Real world mpg (/Thread-Real-world-mpg)

RE: Real world mpg - The Valeter - 28-01-2012 12:37am

I have just found an email I recieved in 2010 from Landrover Customer Relations when I complained about my Freelander 2.
I have copied & pasted below.

[[[[Thank you for your email, i have forwarded the information over to my collegue at Gtech for further diagnosis.

With regards to your fuel consumption query i have found that the results given in our publications do not express or imply any guarantee of the fuel consumption of any particular vehicle with which this information may be supplied.

Vehicles are not individually tested and there are inevitable differences between individual vehicles of the same model. The vehicle may also incorporate particular modifications. Furthermore, the driver's style and road traffic conditions, as well as the extent to which the vehicle has been driven and the standard of maintenance, will affect its fuel consumption I understand that your vehicle has been inspected by a Land Rover approved dealer and there have been no issues found with the vehicle.

The fuel consumption you are currently getting from your vehicle falls within Land Rovers tolerances, therefore we are unable to assist any further with your query.]]]]

RE: Real world mpg - FFRR - 28-01-2012 12:52am

My 2c:

My son's petrol BMW has a claimed MPG figure of 48.1mpg, he gets 29.6mpg and doesn't drive it ridiculously hard.

My 4.4TDV8 FFRR has a claimed combined MPG figure of 30.1, Extra-Urban of 34.5 and Urban of 24.6. Over 10,000 miles, 90% Urban, I am on 29MPG, which is the closest figure I have ever achieved to the manufacturer's claimed figures in any car.

I would be disappointed with the Evoque...as Land Rover appear to have got it so right with what Full Fat Tim and myself have said in our experiences.

RE: Real world mpg - ant - 29-01-2012 11:49am

Just done a 2 day trip to Kent and Oxfordshire. Over 500 miles of mixed roads and weather conditions. Kept the cruising speeds reasonable. Managed 36mpg. Quite pleased with it, but wish it was better. Car's done over 3,500 miles now.
ANTVery Happy

RE: Real world mpg - J77 - 29-01-2012 05:59pm

Did manage 45mpg but it has settled at 37mpg but car has only done 200 and something miles, hopefully the only way is up.

RE: Real world mpg - Asty - 29-01-2012 11:02pm

Demoed an SD4 Manual today with 2000 miles and the gauge read 30.9mpg. Test drive route very short though so expect it a bit low.

RE: Real world mpg - Pedalpower - 30-01-2012 10:14pm

Got my ed4 at the weekend, fantastic car !, i have done 200miles and can get 46.3mpg so far, i expect to get 50 once it loosens up, so overall i am very happy !.

RE: Real world mpg - fam1x - 30-01-2012 10:23pm

(30-01-2012 10:14pm)Pedalpower Wrote:  Got my ed4 at the weekend, fantastic car !, i have done 200miles and can get 46.3mpg so far, i expect to get 50 once it loosens up, so overall i am very happy !.

Wow and there's me getting 18mpg, well thats whats the computer is saying, I've only done 257miles had to fill up again.

Is the city driving or motorway ?

RE: Real world mpg - Pedalpower - 30-01-2012 11:18pm

(30-01-2012 10:23pm)fam1x Wrote:  Wow and there's me getting 18mpg, well thats whats the computer is saying, I've only done 257miles had to fill up again.

mixture of both, on the motorway thats going between 70 and 80 so not going slow to save fuel, i am pleasantly surprised !, it def does not feel slow either, pulls really well and is near enough silent at 80mph !. Smile

RE: Real world mpg - PhilSkill - 31-01-2012 12:03am

(30-01-2012 10:23pm)fam1x Wrote:  Wow and there's me getting 18mpg, well thats whats the computer is saying, I've only done 257miles had to fill up again.

If you're doing lots of stop/start, slow traffic or short trips I can believe this would be in the region expected but is pretty low. I had lot to do last weekend and was rushing about driving more enthusiastically than of late and my nice 37mpg has dropped to 33mpg, along with the cold weather too!

RE: Real world mpg - Pommyboi - 31-01-2012 05:00pm

This might be of interest to a few people, I haven't got my car yet but I'm thinking ahead to when it arrives and will probably log into Fuelly.com to register MPG and fuel costs. There is a mobile site but no app for smartphones.

It's an American site (with no Evoques on there that I can see) but you can set it to UK Units and £[/code]. I originally noticed it being used by Audi owners on another forum I use as you can add a Fuelly banner to your forum signature.

Here's an example of a from a RR owner: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ntan/range-rover

And some info on using the site if you are in the UK: http://www.fuelly.com/faq/21/Fuelly-in-the-UK