babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Halogen Lights!! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Halogen Lights!! (/Thread-Halogen-Lights--2182)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Halogen Lights!! - SINGHY - 05-02-2012 07:52pm

Adhamija,

I agree with you, LR have misrepresented their product and mislead you so should be held to account. I can't believe the number of clowns on this forum that make excuses for LR whether it's about delays, sneaky price increases, dealer incompetence or in this case misrepresentation verging on deception. If you're spending top dollar then you deserve top product, if it goes wrong then LR should go out of thier way to put it right. At the end of the day they're not giving any discount whatsover on this vehicle so in return the customer shouldn't be expected to accept any compromises.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - cjfp - 05-02-2012 07:59pm

For all the clowns -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clown-Red-Sponge-Nose-/180430380990?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK&hash=item2a027d1fbe#ht_3431wt_1210

Joking aside, I do agree that any pics etc on the LR website should be a fair representation and not something completely different.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - vinny - 05-02-2012 08:49pm

When I was speccing mine I thoroughly researched the options etc as cars shown in brochures/websites etc are only a rough representation of what you get.
Almost every pic of the pure's showed panoramic roof,privacy glass,fog lights,xenons and 20 inch alloys but I wasn't nieve enough to think mine would all come with them fitted as standard.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - LDT - 05-02-2012 08:54pm

Singhy

There is a definite legal difference between misleading and mis-selling which I will not go into here. IMHO JLR have not gone out to deliberately deceive potential buyers (mis-sell), they have made a mistake, which, by providing a goodwill gesture to Adhamija, they have accepted.

I think we all hope that the situation will be resolved quickly for Adhamija and others in the same position.

I'm going to take my red nose off now as I'm finding it quite uncomfortable. LaughingLaughingLaughing

RE: Halogen Lights!! - SINGHY - 05-02-2012 09:00pm

(05-02-2012 08:54pm)LDT Wrote:  Singhy

There is a definite legal difference between misleading and mis-selling which I will not go into here. IMHO JLR have not gone out to deliberately deceive potential buyers (mis-sell), they have made a mistake, which, by providing a goodwill gesture to Adhamija, they have accepted.

I think we all hope that the situation will be resolved quickly for Adhamija and others in the same position.

I'm going to take my red nose off now as I'm finding it quite uncomfortable. LaughingLaughingLaughing

OK point taken and I'll get off the soap box now.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - pureevoque - 05-02-2012 09:24pm

Clowns ?

Confused

RE: Halogen Lights!! - Evo-king - 05-02-2012 10:28pm

I've learnt more on this forum about the Evoque, than I could ever have done visiting the dealer.

Although some info which comes from a vague source, most is really accurate and forum members have often gone to their dealers better informed than their salesman is.

The lack of Xenons issue came up on here first, with a lot of debate and photographic evidence, unfortunately, not everyone who goes into a dealership has been on here first.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - J77 - 05-02-2012 10:33pm

Laughing Am I the only one who bought a pure and didn't expect it to come with xenons. Land rover and all other car manufacturers always load their base models up with kit and rightly or wrongly expect the buyer to read the part that says " IMPORTANT NOTICE..................... Some vehicles are shown with accessories or optional equipment fitted" and also in the brochure where it talks about xenon lights it states "These optional lights". So I think land rover have covered themselves IMO.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - Evo-king - 05-02-2012 10:36pm

To be honest any car c£30k and above should have them and after all it is a Range Rover, but it doesn't, hmm.

RE: Halogen Lights!! - cjfp - 05-02-2012 10:39pm

@j77 - I think the point is that the LR website has the label as 'halogen lights' but shows a pic of the xenons, so peeps have not ordered xenons as the halogens, going by the pic, look sufficiently like the xenons not to be bothered, only to then get halogens and find they look nothing like the pic or the xenons.