babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Parking Width - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Parking Width (/Thread-Parking-Width)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Parking Width - ChuckieB - 21-01-2012 06:46pm

(21-01-2012 03:04pm)alanet Wrote:  Yes, I know. Where I wasn't sure was if the 1965 measurement was with mirrors folded or without mirrors. As the mirrors don't fold much, the car would be quite a bit under the 1965mm mesurement if they folded in more...

The important width (in my eyes) is the width of the body between the doors, so that you can still get in and out when parked in a normal parking bay.

One way or the other, it's still pretty wide.

1965 with mirrors folded
2125 without......

No other dimensions quoted.

The mirrors will clearly have no bearing on access once you start opting the doors.

But a 6cm saving on folding is hardly spectacular. That's a whole 3cm either side! Hardly a fantastic selling point when you comare vs the opposition.

RE: Parking Width - pureevoque - 21-01-2012 09:38pm

6cm?
I count 16 there ?
Confused

RE: Parking Width - Biker - 21-01-2012 10:34pm

As per JLR:

Width including mirrors 2,125mm
Width with mirrors folded 1,965mm

I compared the RRE with/without folded mirrors last week and the difference in width is so small it is not worth ordering the folding mirror option in my opinion. In my case is about 4 fingers width on each side.
The base on which the mirrors are mounted also portrudes quite a bit.

RE: Parking Width - Cedric - 21-01-2012 10:51pm

(21-01-2012 10:34pm)Biker Wrote:  As per JLR:

I compared the RRE with/without folded mirrors last week and the difference in width is so small it is not worth ordering the folding mirror option in my opinion. In my case is about 4 fingers width on each side.

It tells you your car is locked when the mirrors are folded.

RE: Parking Width - IKM - 21-01-2012 11:03pm

(21-01-2012 10:34pm)Biker Wrote:  As per JLR:

It might not be much, but it lets me fit it in my garage (with care!).

RE: Parking Width - alanet - 21-01-2012 11:06pm

Having had a quick look around the web, it seems that most cars width is measured "excluding" the wing mirrors. Just have to measure by how much the folded mirrors protrude from the widest part of the bodywork to know the "real" width of the Evoque

RE: Parking Width - xxxx5 - 21-01-2012 11:10pm

My RRE jut fits through standard single garage door, which is just over 2m. It's is tight to say the least and that's with the door mirrors folded in.

RE: Parking Width - ChuckieB - 22-01-2012 01:19am

(21-01-2012 09:38pm)pureevoque Wrote:  6cm?
I count 16 there ?
Confused

Come on. Did you not see the "1" in front of the "6"! Should have gone to specsavers Laughing (I've always wanted to say that). Doh! and me working with numbers as a day job. Time for a career change I think.

RE: Parking Width - Mag1c_dragon - 22-01-2012 03:37pm

Just back from a local supermarket - first time the RRE - and I won't be going there again! I was soooo close to scraping the car as the corners were so narrow. I am REALLY glad I have surround cameras!

RE: Parking Width - jewel-r - 22-01-2012 07:06pm

Biker..I was of the same opinion as you on ordering folding mirrors, but when I took one on a test drive around my local streets which have qiuete a few 7ft width limits and I would not have got through without pressing the folding mirror button....so hence ordered this option.