babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LR's Damage Limitation - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: LR's Damage Limitation (/Thread-LR-s-Damage-Limitation)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - WorldTraveler - 20-10-2011 11:21am

Ditto, deposit paid in June, still no word from the dealer, have emailed and called...does not return calls, Stratstone Newcastle ... think I maybe going Volvo if they dont respond soon !!!

(20-10-2011 08:57am)ED209 Wrote:  My final order hasnt gone in yet. I beleive i am one of my dealers next batch of 16 cars and anticipated getting the call for my final spec in the next 2-3 weeks.

My deposit was placed in june.

I havent heard anything from my salesman for about 6 weeks though now so popped him an email this morning seeking some info/reassurance.

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - vision*R - 20-10-2011 11:26am

(20-10-2011 08:12am)mark_n Wrote:  Instead, most cars are being pushed back, a few are being brought forwards and there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason as to which applies to any particular car.

This is exactly the problem. Lots of cars are held back and the only reason we can think of is the shortage of some parts, but other cars are brought forward and they contain those same parts! All we want is a little clarity and at least a confirmation of the fact that nobody is favoured nor waiting longer than he should.

Last time I checked my dealer replied me a rather useless "your car will be delivered in accordance with your order confirmation". My sheet of paper says December but since I don't even have a build date yet, I wonder whether he himself still believes it will be on time. I'm thinking of cancelling as well. I'm waiting since January, I can wait a few months longer but not if they expect me to just keep quiet and certainly not ask questions about what is going on.

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - Wicksy - 20-10-2011 12:53pm

(20-10-2011 11:21am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Ditto, deposit paid in June, still no word from the dealer, have emailed and called...does not return calls, Stratstone Newcastle ... think I maybe going Volvo if they dont respond soon !!!

(20-10-2011 08:57am)ED209 Wrote:  My final order hasnt gone in yet. I beleive i am one of my dealers next batch of 16 cars and anticipated getting the call for my final spec in the next 2-3 weeks.

My deposit was placed in june.

I havent heard anything from my salesman for about 6 weeks though now so popped him an email this morning seeking some info/reassurance.
I'm a little surprised at that - Steve at Stratsone Newcastle has always answered my e mails promptlyConfused

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - DDX - 20-10-2011 01:12pm

Got told my car has been put back a month, all dealer could do was apologise and say it was sadly out of his control and happening across the board. He knows I'm holding on to the sport longer than I have to and need to time the sale of the car (privately) carefully so its gone before the Evoque arrives. If I sell it too soon, my wife has no car and no way of getting around with 2 kids (apart from public transport).

No alternative was offered to me, no solution was offered to me. Haven't kicked up a fuss yet but if order hasn't come forward by next week I will do. Not good enough when I'm spending £42,000.

Hope an employee from JLR is reading this.
Furthermore, if an employee from JLR is reading this, which they clearly are, why have the dealers not been told to make contact with buyers and make good? They know they have a great 'niche' product and are using this to their advantage. Disgraceful.

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - alibeau - 20-10-2011 01:59pm

[/quote]

Just got reply now 14th December...slowly moving backwardsSad
[/quote]

That is POO! Sad

I seem to be the only one though who now has no exact date? not that it is worth much I suppose.... I was Nov 17th, now just 'December', so I seem to have received the non-specific delivery date as per the memo....

Is it worth me PM'ing Nick in CS do you think?

Ali.

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - Urban Splash - 20-10-2011 02:01pm

Mark Ridley at Stratstone Newcastle has been most helpful throughout the whole process. I can recommend anyone considering purchasing from Newcastle to get in touch with Mark. Always providing updates.

Maybe that's why I feel a bit down about it all, because I have been getting regular updates and can see the delivery date slipping every week! Not the dealers fault but LR are letting them down.

I really hope it comes this year....

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - Daigriff - 20-10-2011 02:02pm

DDX similar situation to you. Was selling my current 4x4 shortly...perfect timing just before winter and before my original delivery date of 2nd November. Now will hold on till I get firm date.

Sadly chances of delivery coMing forward are slim IMHO, will be looking for some freebies as compensation though.
[quote='alibeau'

Is it worth me PM'ing Nick in CS do you think?

Ali.
[/quote]

Nick won't chase individual requests Ali from what I've seen. Need to pester your dealer...are you using Conwy LR?

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - cjfp - 20-10-2011 05:22pm

Just been told my Oct delivery, which went to Nov is now Jan - have asked for a pool car as got rid of my own a month ago

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - alibeau - 20-10-2011 05:46pm

[/quote]

Nick won't chase individual requests Ali from what I've seen. Need to pester your dealer...are you using Conwy LR?
[/quote]

Yes Conwy...... TBF I have no particular gripe with Conwy, they are keeping me informed and seem very commited to providing a good service. DH bought his RRS from them last month, he has had a couple of problems crop up in the last week and they have been very quick to respond and seem to be doing all they can to resolve his 'issues' Thumbs Up

My contact at Conwy is now off for a fortnight so I am going to try to put delivery dates out of my mind and see what is said when he updates me again on the 2nd of November, I really am hoping for a December delivery date......... Fingers crossed but at the end of the day it is out of my control........

Ali Smile

RE: LR's Damage Limitation - Daigriff - 20-10-2011 07:18pm

(20-10-2011 05:46pm)alibeau Wrote:  Yes Conwy...... TBF I have no particular gripe with Conwy, they are keeping me informed and seem very commited to providing a good service. DH bought his RRS from them last month, he has had a couple of problems crop up in the last week and they have been very quick to respond and seem to be doing all they can to resolve his 'issues' Thumbs Up

My contact at Conwy is now off for a fortnight so I am going to try to put delivery dates out of my mind and see what is said when he updates me again on the 2nd of November, I really am hoping for a December delivery date......... Fingers crossed but at the end of the day it is out of my control........

Ali Smile

Fingers crossed for you Ali. lets hope dates dont slip too muchSmile