babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Residuals - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Residuals (/Thread-Residuals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Residuals - IKM - 28-07-2012 09:05pm

After seeing so many Evoques today on a round trip between Aberdeen and Glasgow, I expect residuals to be a lot less than anyone currently anticipates. Oh well, at least I'm really enjoying the car!

RE: Residuals - ED209 - 28-07-2012 09:22pm

(28-07-2012 09:05pm)IKM Wrote:  After seeing so many Evoques today on a round trip between Aberdeen and Glasgow, I expect residuals to be a lot less than anyone currently anticipates. Oh well, at least I'm really enjoying the car!

Numbers doesnt dictate though, loads of mini's and audi tt's about but they still have good residuals.

My plan is either to keep the evoque for years and years or to maybe downgrade after a couple of years and do a straight swap with a brand new but cheaper car.

RE: Residuals - IKM - 28-07-2012 09:53pm

(28-07-2012 09:22pm)ED209 Wrote:  Numbers doesnt dictate though, loads of mini's and audi tt's about but they still have good residuals.

My plan is either to keep the evoque for years and years or to maybe downgrade after a couple of years and do a straight swap with a brand new but cheaper car.
Good news and good luck!

RE: Residuals - ED209 - 28-07-2012 10:32pm

(28-07-2012 09:53pm)IKM Wrote:  Good news and good luck!

Not sure what you on about?

RE: Residuals - mark_n - 28-07-2012 10:54pm

(28-07-2012 10:32pm)ED209 Wrote:  Not sure what you on about?

Well, I can see what he is on about, so should you! I think it will be very difficult to downgrade to a lesser car than the Evoque after living with one. Toyota Aygo anyone?

RE: Residuals - ED209 - 28-07-2012 11:01pm

(28-07-2012 10:54pm)mark_n Wrote:  Well, I can see what he is on about, so should you! I think it will be very difficult to downgrade to a lesser car than the Evoque after living with one. Toyota Aygo anyone?

To be honest trading the evoque at 2.5 years old for a year old toyota gt86 seems quite appealing at the min.

I have had a few nice cars in the past but theres a lot to be said for running around in a shed. Before the evoque i had a £600 ford mondeo for 7 months, it was ace, totally reliable, alright to drive and i really didnt give a toss where i parked it. I could have bought 50 of them for what i paid for the evoque but it certainly wasnt 50 times less a car.

RE: Residuals - IKM - 28-07-2012 11:06pm

(28-07-2012 11:01pm)ED209 Wrote:  To be honest trading the evoque at 32.5 years old for a year old toyota gt86 seems quite appealing at the min.

I have had a few nice cars in the past but theres a lot to be said for running around in a shed. Before the evoque i had a £600 ford mondeo for 7 months, it was ace, totally reliable, alright to drive and i really didnt give a toss where i parked it. I could have bought 50 of them for what i paid for the evoque but it certainly wasnt 50 times less a car.
I'll probably be taking the bus in 32 yrs time, so as I say good luck (or did I understand your post?).

RE: Residuals - mark_n - 29-07-2012 06:19am

ED209, I take your point, there's something good about a car which you don't worry about. I have a Subaru Impreza which does supermarket, airport car park, waste tip duty and is still quite fun to drive. It wears its scars with pride, each of which might have been inflicted on my other cars. I got a parking ding on my Evoque, fortunately only on the wheel arch surround which cost the princely sumo of £8.50 to replace, but it could so easily have been the metal...

RE: Residuals - DaveR - 29-07-2012 09:34pm

(28-07-2012 08:59pm)WB Wrote:  I've had several conversations about this subject with dealers who are generally selling low mileage cars at pretty much list price for sensibly specced cars. Manuals and coupes however aren't holding values as well. Keep in mind lead times are still around 6 months and prices have gone up for most specs so if you've got a desirable spec you can probably sell it privately for between 95 and 100% of what you paid.

I'd suggest eBay classifieds (rather than auction) which I've had good results with and is better value than autotrader

Cheers for the feedback WB, That kind of confirms what my dealer was saying and mine is low mileage (only 3200) and a decent spec so will probably tick a lot of boxes for people.
I'll most likley post it in the classifieds here for a week first then pop it on ebay and see what happens.

Thanks again for the feedback, Much appreciated.

RE: Residuals - rvsvet - 29-07-2012 10:08pm

(29-07-2012 06:19am)mark_n Wrote:  ED209, I take your point, there's something good about a car which you don't worry about. I have a Subaru Impreza which does supermarket, airport car park, waste tip duty and is still quite fun to drive. It wears its scars with pride, each of which might have been inflicted on my other cars. I got a parking ding on my Evoque, fortunately only on the wheel arch surround which cost the princely sumo of £8.50 to replace, but it could so easily have been the metal...

metal Mark? You got a different beast to mine, which seems to be 100% plastic