babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red (/Thread-Red-lettering-on-a-Firenze-Red)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - cjfp - 14-06-2012 09:26pm

Its not my house name, its my favourite position !

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - BFGEvoqueMan - 15-06-2012 12:02pm

IMHO the point of replacing the letters is to give contrast between complementing colours, hence I went for black on white. With a red car I would have gone black aswell but might have looked at silver. Red on Red does not provide enough contrast.

Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - Kimv - 15-06-2012 04:33pm

(15-06-2012 12:02pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  IMHO the point of replacing the letters is to give contrast between complementing colours, hence I went for black on white. With a red car I would have gone black aswell but might have looked at silver. Red on Red does not provide enough contrast.

+1 for contrast.

Or you could make a real statement and do everything in red. The grill, side vents, etc... Wheels...

I wouldn't like it either but it would be a statement..

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - cjfp - 03-07-2012 08:52pm

They do now do a red grill too!

http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/range-rover-evoque-grilles-and-side-vents/rrg128-red-range-rover-evoque-front-grille---gloss-red-.html

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - BFGEvoqueMan - 04-07-2012 11:44am

(03-07-2012 08:52pm)cjfp Wrote:  They do now do a red grill too!

http://www.powerfuluk.com/products/range-rover-evoque-grilles-and-side-vents/rrg128-red-range-rover-evoque-front-grille---gloss-red-.html

WRONG!!SadSadSad

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - doug - 04-07-2012 04:25pm

Shocked
Need to see it fitted to a Red Evoque. But it would be like a OG pure, grey on grey. Which I didn't like. The grille makes the car stand out much more when silver or black. That said the red grille does stand out, but for the wrong reasons. the red letters dont work on black for me. But as I have said before I do like them on a Firenze.

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - cjfp - 04-07-2012 04:36pm

@doug - Agree, but I don't think it will work (and, after all, it was only you and me that liked the red letters on red! Laughing ) but its a bit steep to pay £180 to try for it then 'not to work'

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - Martin - 04-07-2012 05:29pm

It's gloss red too, not FR

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - IvorRedOne - 12-09-2012 07:48pm

Sorry, thought about doing that myself but now I am glad I didn't. The Silver shouts out the name for me.

[attachment=2718]

RE: Red lettering ...... on a Firenze Red - Evo-king - 12-09-2012 09:42pm

If I had a Firenze, I wouldn't want the red grill as you lose the contrast.

But then again what do I know as I have a Black car with a Black grill.