babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What's your Evoque replacing? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: What's your Evoque replacing? (/Thread-What-s-your-Evoque-replacing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - Ewok - 28-05-2011 12:08am

(25-05-2011 08:45pm)cybman Wrote:  humm why trade a porsche with an evoque?

fancy something with a little more character, and british!
(26-05-2011 10:51am)DynamicRRV Wrote:  IF I decide to go ahead with the Evoque after seeing it at the Live event this coming sunday then it will replace my 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue SE.

start saying your goodbye's to the vogue !

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - vinda - 28-05-2011 01:07am

IF I decide to go ahead with the Evoque after seeing it at the Live event this coming sunday then it will replace my 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue SE.
[/quote]

start saying your goodbye's to the vogue !
[/quote]

I agree. My brother went to the earls court live event and I'm going on Sunday bham one.

He said to me once you see it you won't be able to wait till september

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - Alex - 03-06-2011 01:41pm

2009 Ford Kuga - been a good car (mechanically), and looks nice on the outside but a bit cheap on the inside. Also slightly sluggish.

Can't wait to get my Dynamic...

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - griff - 03-06-2011 02:07pm

BMW 335i E93 petrol twin turbo convertible.
Pros : Great car, very quick, lovely with the roof down
Cons: it costs me more to fill it than i get in my petrol allowance, totally impracticable - even the bottle bank take three trips LOL
Would not go anywhere in the snow, can't get into fields for country fairs and shoots etc. Got skin cancer (all is well now) so doctor suggested a convertible might now be a step too far.

Miss all that country stuff - time to change. Got the panoramic roof though!

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - Sassy - 08-06-2011 02:49pm

Mine is replacing a black X3 which I bought rather impulsively having decided I was sick of bumping round in my Mini Cooper S.

I find the X3 on the whole is alright - smooth, works, goes, sleek. But it's also dull as hell, has a walnut trim I wouldn't have specced personally (got a large discount for taking a stock vehicle) and it's very long so find it tight for parking. Can't wait to get rid of it as it's the least inspiring vehicle I've ever owned! (History includes several Cooper S, a lotus exige, 206GT, so hot hatches really).

Hoping the evoque will be a grown up transition from the mini in terms of luxe and comfort, but will bring me back to the neat dimensions and retain some of the visual impact of the minis that the X3 definitely lacks!

My dad has had about 17 range rovers, so it's a brand I have vast experience with, and I am excited about owning my first one!

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - ant - 08-06-2011 06:20pm

@ sassy - you're the target that LR are after. Great choice, but change silver to Red or White.

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - paulus599 - 08-06-2011 08:37pm

(08-06-2011 02:49pm)Sassy Wrote:  Can't wait to get rid of it as it's the least inspiring vehicle I've ever owned! (History includes several Cooper S, a lotus exige, 206GT, so hot hatches really).

Hoping the evoque will be a grown up transition from the mini in terms of luxe and comfort, but will bring me back to the neat dimensions and retain some of the visual impact of the minis that the X3 definitely lacks!

I bet Lotus will love you calling an Exige a hot hatch, then again if that was the class it was in it would blow all it's competitors into the weeds! (apart from boot space obviously Smile )

Neat dimensions other than the width anyway. I hope that you've measured your garage!!!

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - Sassy - 09-06-2011 12:24pm

(08-06-2011 08:37pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I bet Lotus will love you calling an Exige a hot hatch, then again if that was the class it was in it would blow all it's competitors into the weeds! (apart from boot space obviously Smile )

Neat dimensions other than the width anyway. I hope that you've measured your garage!!!

That was a catch-all phrase really! The exige (white one) was fun (shared it with my bro) but it started to grate being cold and rattled to bits on every journey. Plus it drew so much attention, people taking pics of themselves draped all over it, that was annoying. Also - boot space was surpisingly good on the exige - miles better than Mini. Expect the Evoque to be comparable to mini in terms of space...

So went back to sensible, and then to BORING with X3.

Wide doesn't bother me, I don't need a long car (won't be transporting planks or ladders any time soon) but I do like a chunky car.

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - ant - 09-06-2011 10:08pm

Evoque has lots more room than MINI. Shocked
AntVery Happy

RE: What's your Evoque replacing? - Kermit - 10-06-2011 12:36am

(09-06-2011 12:24pm)Sassy Wrote:  Expect the Evoque to be comparable to mini in terms of space...

You're joking aren't you? The Evoque is TARDIS like compared to the Mini.