babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Black roof lining - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Black roof lining (/Thread-Black-roof-lining)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Black roof lining - stef.c - 13-01-2012 08:14pm

Personally feel the black headlining really suits the black interior. It brings the whole thing together more, looks more classy, and it looks like you're not apologising for going black inside but fully intended on the look. Look at any black Aston Martin interior or any high end sports car and it'll be the same. To me the ivory headlining is kind of a compromise or half way house, also the slight creamy beige nature doesn't work as well with black as say a grey/dark grey headliner would. Yes there is a slight disadvantage on perceived brightness inside, but look at the size of that panoramic roof!

Black roof lining - QueJumper - 13-01-2012 09:52pm

My dynamic lux has the black leather and pano roof (always open) so I have to be honest and say that I've really not noticed the headlining.

So I think standard white is fine. My car is Fuji with black roof so maybe the black/white interior works better too.

I agree too that if you did want black then it should be a no cost option just like most like for like interior colour options on other cars.

Now next time I drive it I'm going to have to study the headlining to see why so many of you think black is best!

RE: Black roof lining - mark_n - 14-01-2012 05:20am

In addition to the black headlining, there's also the option for the black trim on the dash which is a further £200 but is an NCO with Dynamic Plus. Wondering if anyone went for this; I didn't, I prefer the trim to match the rails either side of the centre console.

RE: Black roof lining - Firenze - 14-01-2012 11:26am

(14-01-2012 05:20am)mark_n Wrote:  In addition to the black headlining, there's also the option for the black trim on the dash which is a further £200 but is an NCO with Dynamic Plus. Wondering if anyone went for this; I didn't, I prefer the trim to match the rails either side of the centre console.

I went for the black strata dash trim because i didnt really like the standard potted silver finish on the Dynamic and then you get brushed silver either side of the centre console, the only thing is I saw it in a car the other day and its not solid shinny piano black it has a kind of grain to it but I thought I would stick with it (dont want to delay my order by changing it!) and if I really dont like it I could cover it with a nice carbon fibre film as it would stick better to that than the potted silver anyway. Only a nice carbon film though nothin boy racerish!!

RE: Black roof lining - Mag1c_dragon - 14-01-2012 05:15pm

I have the dark headliner and really think it finishes the car off great - gives it a sportier feel. I always have the pano roof open mind you!

RE: Black roof lining - deebabe2004 - 14-01-2012 05:48pm

(13-01-2012 08:14pm)stef.c Wrote:  Personally feel the black headlining really suits the black interior. It brings the whole thing together more, looks more classy.....

Totally agree! Thats why we picked it Smile