babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque vs. BMW X3 - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Evoque vs. BMW X3 (/Thread-Evoque-vs-BMW-X3)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Evoque vs. BMW X3 - Claud - 30-03-2012 10:24am

Nothings gone wrong with mine yet, just some dodgy diesel in the tank on delivery, no fault of the car. Nothing has gone wrong with the wifes Freelander either in 15 months from new. However the Disco 3 and Fullfats are best avoided for trouble free motoring in my own experience. The Freelander is the 5th most reliable SUV in its class. The design and manufacturing location have a lot to do with the reliability of the Evoque and Freelander. Only time will tell if th Evoque is more reliable than an X3.....

RE: Evoque vs. BMW X3 - Big G - 30-03-2012 10:32am

I guess its a matter of taste. People do seem to be overly defensive about any critique or comparison to the Evoque. I 100% agree with Evoquess its not just about teutonic functinality and design - good as it is. Howvever the Evoque does symbalise something more for me in terms of driving , not just in terms of looks but actual driving experience.

The Evoque has a heart, the X3 needs a transplant - good as it undoubtedly is, and in terms of looks I'd rather be with Penelope Cruz than Mrs DoubtfireVery Happy
(30-03-2012 05:59am)Evoqess Wrote:  Hmm a blog to help you decide!? I think it's more like a discourse explaining why you chose an X3 when your heart wanted an Evoque.
The Evoque is the stunning, mysterious woman you really desire but you opted for the dull choice. To blend in with the masses.
I do find the X3 completely boring - I would never ever have exchanged my Audi TTS for it.
I needed a car with soul!
The relationship has not waned for me after 5 months. I spend less time on the forum as I'm out enjoying my car. The Evoque is not for everyone. It's for the enthusiasts who value style and performance and don't need a bunch of roses for the wife and fake smiles on delivery day!
If you turn down Chiggy - how about me !!Laughing

RE: Evoque vs. BMW X3 - Craig_d1 - 30-03-2012 10:42am

I agree with Doug. I'm not too sure posting a thread saying you prefer the X3 to the Evoque is going to win you much plaudits from a bunch of forum members who all have Evoques....if you want a congratulation, you made the right choice answer I suggest you post it on an X3 forum, and I'm sure you'll get a different set of answers, more to your liking.
Personally, when I test drove the X3 (i drove the 35dmsport and the standard 20dse), I had to admire the engines, both were more fuel efficient than the evoque(and the 3lts far quicker), but as a car, the interior, although extremely well put together, just felt a little cold, and I still am unsure about the styling. uit's not a sexy car at all imho. The ride on the 35d msport I thought was awful too. i came out with back ache it was so firm.
So although the x3 is more efficient and slightly larger than the Evoque, and so slightly more accomplished as a family load lugger, I'm quite happy to give it all up for the Evoque, with it's beautiful ride and exterior and interior which has been lovingly crafted and makes you feel special every time you see it

RE: Evoque vs. BMW X3 - benzina - 30-03-2012 02:14pm

X3,X5,Q5, or whatever.....nothing looks nearly as good as the Evoque inside or out in my humble opinion.
I took my sisters Audi Q5 3.0 TDI for a 40km drive today, and upon my return, i immediately got into my Evoque to confirm what i suspected.
The Evoque simply felt more cosseting and special inside, it's ride superior, and i was delightfully surprised to find that it's huge torque felt equally as strong in real world round town motoring.
My good god....this Evoque is sooooo desirable in every way, for me, it stands clearly above anything else.

RE: Evoque vs. BMW X3 - jitenc - 30-03-2012 09:55pm

Horsey's comment on his blog,
'I have read many times the impression that once the initial impact of the Evoque has waned, the love affair with one will quickly pass.'

Really, I thought after 53 awards worldwide... Love Never Dies.....