babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alternative vehicles. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alternative vehicles. (/Thread-Alternative-vehicles)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Alternative vehicles. - Evoqess - 29-10-2011 07:21pm

Hybrid! Keeping your X5 and getting a 1M.
I forgive you for canceling your Evoque order - your new strategy is fantastic, the 1M is extraordinary. And I bet the moment the 300 HP Evoque is released you will have your name on the order list. For delivery in 2020 Wink

RE: Alternative vehicles. - hybris - 30-10-2011 10:16pm

Just a little note. The X6 now has a 5 seat option. You can chose either 4 or 5. New option from the March 2011.

I tried an 1M on Friday. Damn its better than I thought. Its one of the best car I have ever driven. So fun and fast. If you like that type of car I can just say "buuuuy!!!" Wink
@Evoqess: Yes I will take a serious look at the Evoque or the new Range Rover Sport to replace the X5 at a later stage. That plus check the new X5 (2013).

heard that Mercedes has a X6 competitor coming. Will be interested to see if it can match the Evoque in terms of looks.

RE: Alternative vehicles. - Acwats - 30-10-2011 10:37pm

(29-10-2011 06:00am)mark_n Wrote:  I so agree about the Q3, completely lacking in style and flair.

Lacking in cars too.....

If you think LR have made a mess of Evoque supply (and you'd be right) read some of the Q3 forums. Cars were promised for November, non due in the uk until Jan and the S Lines due in March.

So glad I got ignored.

Alternative vehicles. - rsk21 - 30-10-2011 10:48pm

(30-10-2011 10:16pm)hybris Wrote:  heard that Mercedes has a X6 competitor coming. Will be interested to see if it can match the Evoque in terms of looks.

As long as it doesn't match the X6 Wink

RE: Alternative vehicles. - hybris - 31-10-2011 12:34pm

@rsk: No I don't think it will be that good looking! Wink

RE: Alternative vehicles. - wantthatone - 31-10-2011 03:45pm

Brand new member so be gentle....
How about a Countryman S or SD ?
Great fun to drive but not so quiet or big in the boot.

RE: Alternative vehicles. - Daigriff - 31-10-2011 04:15pm

(31-10-2011 03:45pm)wantthatone Wrote:  Brand new member so be gentle....
How about a Countryman S or SD ?
Great fun to drive but not so quiet or big in the boot.

Hi wantthatone...sorry I think the Countryman is a real pug. It could have been so much better, and when I first heard about it thought it could be a replacement for my wifes mini...but when we both saw itSad

Someone has a white one down the road and it just looks like a normal mini but on steroids.

RE: Alternative vehicles. - hybris - 16-11-2011 07:18pm

BTW. I thought. I think there are a lot of details that remind me of the XC60 in the Evoque. Anyone knows how much they actually share? The exhaust pipes on the prestige looks very much like the XC60. Some details in the car seems to be the same as in the Volvo. Both come from the Ford heritage. Wonder how much they actually share?

RE: Alternative vehicles. - IKM - 16-11-2011 10:01pm

If my Evoque is delayed again then I'll be looking at an additional Freelander or RR Sport SE (the cost isn't that much more than Evoque, although running costs would be higher). Trouble is XC60, X3 etc all have to be ordered and the wait is probably a few months. I cancelled an X3 order for the Evoque.... that'll teach me!

RE: Alternative vehicles. - WB - 16-11-2011 10:16pm

Tremendous deals on XC90s if you are considering bigger 4x4s